Thanksgiving 2016

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i had to work 7 hrs then went to my daughters for dinner . we had 16 people everything was great. turkey ham mac and cheese dressing sweet pototo casserole collards corn pudding rolls crackers and dip cranberry sauce brussell spouts carrots several desserts. all went home happy

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
We had Thanksgiving at my mom's house, but I did all of the cooking. She had the ham in the oven when I got there, but other than that, I cooked the rest. I'm thankful I can be there to do it for her, though. My sister from Texas and her partner were there. My other sister and 4 of her grandchildren along with there dad, her youngest daughter and her boyfriend along with his 2 children and her 3 children, and her next to the oldest daughter from Texas, DS, DDIL, and DGSs, DD23, and DsonIL, DD19 were all there. 25 total if my count is correct. We ate lunch around 1:00. It was great. We all had fun, sat around and talked, looked at the Black Friday ads. I'm so glad they were all able to be there.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This was my first year to host Thanksgiving and it went great! Had 9 total including us, so not bad at all. DH did the turkey and helped make the stuffing and gravy. I did the rolls, mashed potatoes and cheesecake, etc. Family brought some other side dishes and desserts and the best wine I've ever tasted. It was perfect!

My sister and her boyfriend also came and brought their dachshund puppy - our dog had a blast playing with him and they were super cute!

I had a lot of fun setting the table all pretty!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/135134547@N04/31175657072/in/dateposted-public/

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We hosted and there were 10 of us all together. I did however had to drive almost an hour each way to pick up one of my aunts for dinner and then take her back home after dinner. Due to health issues she could not drive that far alone and we didn't want her alone on Thanksgiving. I had the table set the day before which was a big help so I think I will continue to set the table the day before. Everything was done on time for once :) we usually sit down to eat half hour to an hour later then want I want.

I will have to write down in my notebook to get a new table cloth for next year though. I ordered new dishes which the color almost matched my table cloth. Want to get a different color one for next year.