The Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Ginger- I had motivation to start. LOL I got a free estimate for new windows this morning and I was worried that the guy would need to see all the windows and go into my bedroom. There was no way I was going to let someone step foot in there looking the way it was. Otherwise, it would still be a disaster.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
You guys are great! Way to jump right in there!!!

I took the plunge yesterday - and started both the process of de-decorating the house from Christmas but also the daunting task of clearing out/cleaning up our storage area in the basement.

I pulled a few muscles but things look alot better right now!

DH has a load to take to Goodwill and I have some room to work!

Still have plenty left to do, but I've made a start.

Upstairs is de-decorated, except for our bedroom. I'll finish that tonight, easily.

Still have downstairs hallway, bathroom and the large tree in the living room to work on.

I'll do what I can during the evenings this week and then during DS's nap times on Friday (I have the day off, although I am on call :( )

I am SOOOO in the mood to declutter! I've set aside several Christmas type things that I haven't used in years - to Goodwill they will go!!!

My two WORST areas in our house are this storage area in the basement and the office/craft room.

The attic needs some clearing out, but compared to those other two areas, it will be a walk in the park! lol

Will check back to see how everyone is doing!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
This enthusiasm is wonderful! And.... 2011 has not even started yet!!!! So... we will sail into 2011 WITH a lot of pent-up enthusiasm!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!

I think that we ALSO have some "group success" with working on decluttering in the past! THAT IS GOOD! Our MHH Family has LOTS of different perspectives and different experiences.... and different ideas!!! This combination brings us lots of group strength... for our Decluttering Club!!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I need to:
DS's room:
get rid of computer monitor and keyboard in DS's room (will keep speakers for now). Need to buy plastic boxes to put his stuff in and put it away in closet. He needs to clear out his books in the closet. Need to go through his clothes & give or throw away what is too old or doesn't fit. See if he wants to keep his sports magazine or give them away

DD's room:
Is in pretty good shape, she goes over her closet & clothes every few months.

Basement armoire:
Get rid of toys, clothes that don't belong.

Basement books:
- ongoing job of giving away boxes of books - the problem is I reread everyone of them before giving them away :)

2nd basement armoire - go through my magazines & get rid of them. I never look back anyways. Go through crayons & papers & throw away what is not required anymore. Go through cassettes & give away what we don't need.

Attic:
Need to wait until DH puts more wood for the floor (so as not to go through the ceiling) and makes some shelves (he doesn't want to... saying if we have shelves we'll keep more... I told him I'm not cleaning until he makes shelves... so round & round we go).

Get rid of twin beds in the attic - either give to nephew or my brother. Get rid of single bed in DS's room

DH needs to go through his 'housework' clothes... way too many anyways. He has a hard time throwing stuff away. He knows he has to do this after the holidays... I've told him... think I'll put it on his list of stuff to do :)

Need to buy myself a new computer & put the old one in DS's room. When I get a new computer, I also want a smaller desk (the one we have is enormous), it'll make space in the room to put more crafting stuff :)

Need to print pictures & then keep a copy on an SD key & burn some Cd's (not working with present computer). Need to get rid of some dvds that were given to us and which we have not & will not watch anyways.

Wow, I'm writing things as I'm thinking of them. OK need to write this down in my to-do book :)

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Count on me!

I have already started today and decluttered a few shelves in our living room. I know it isn't much but for me each decluttered shelf, closet or whatever is a progress. Every little helps!

Chilli

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DH brought down a bag of hockey stuff from the attic & sent it to nephew for his son. Great!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I got a couple of large trash bags OTD.... stuff that wasn't of much use to me... or to anybody else! I colleced it from lots of different rooms... stuff from some drawers here, a stack of stuff there. It is much more satisfying to me... to really empty, clean and reorganize a small space. (Then I have something "nice" to look at.) But... I always get kind of "jittery" before a trip.... trying to think of everything I need to take care of before I leave. And... when you are feeling "jittery".... it givs you energy to rush around with a big trash bag... tossing things in!!!!!

Does it work like that for you?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I love everyone's enthusiasum and dedication.

I spent the day taking down the Christmas decorations. Everything is down and put away except the balcony. 2011 will be a new start for me. I'm in the process of getting new furniture. Everything I have was hand me down from my parent's home. I got new furniture in the master bedroom. Now I'm working on the dining room, then the guest room. If money will allow, perhaps I may get a new livingroom.

For the month of January I really would like to have my closets redone. Unfortunately because I live in an apartment I can't get a closet system installed.

One thing I am extremely happy about is that I don't have that dreaded pile of paper to deal with. I was pretty good at keeping it down.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome Glenda....We will conquer clutter one little area at a time in 2011

:welcome2:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Clutter is a universal problem. I was talking to some people the other day and telling about the club I had joined. There was great interest and they all wanted to join.

It seems clutter is everywhere.