Themed Gift Baskets

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Let's get our basket ideas going! I've seen your fantastic ideas! Let's get them rolling again!
Hi! this is from a BHG mag-
Rainy day basket-
-umbrella
-inexpensive windbreaker type jackets or ponchos
-playing cards
-board games
-dominoes
-dvd(maybe singin' inthe rain!)
-snacks
-served up in a pretty metal bucket(to catch drips or hold your snacks)
-maybe you could add some galoshes or rubber boots! :rain:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I love the rainy day basket! I'm doing a game night basket for my friend's family. I might just turn it into a rainy day one! :rain:

One of my favorites:
Christmas Breakfast Basket :package:
muffin, pancake or quick bread mix, wrapped in a fabric bag or in a pretty cello bag, tied with ribbon
jar of jelly, jam or preserves
decorative spreader
bottle of syrup-maple, pecan, blueberry or strawberry
flavored butter
bag or box of drink mixes-cocoa, flavored or plain coffee, tea, spiced cider mixes, along with Christmas mugs
fresh fruit
candy canes and Hershey's kisses-my personal touch in every kind of basket I make

Packaging can include a picnic basket lined with red and white fabric and tied up with a red velvet bow, or a large handled brown shopping bag with red and white tissue paper, and tied with red and/or white ribbons.
This year, I think I"m going to put everything in black or white shopping bags and use the contrasting color tissue paper and tie it all up with red ribbon. :sleigh:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Spectator basket-
padded cushion(this idea,but could be home made)
http://www.sportsauthority.com/sm-mega- ... 69797.html
noisemaker
binoculars
heated handwarmers
throat soothing candies(in case your voice gets hoarse from cheering!)
Paraphenalia from fav sports team or perhaps tickets to game :smile:

teachturnedmom

Retire Member
Oct 21, 2007
SE PA
I have two mini baskets that I'm doing this year...

Lunch basket: I ordered a Lean Cuisine lunch box. I added little ice packs that the kids picked out. I will also be adding a GC for a nearby restaurant for those days where they don't feel like packing their lunch.

Casserole: I ordered a personalized Casserole/cake pan from Current Catalog. I also bought the Gooseberry Patch Casserole cookbook and a Bday cake scented candle. The kids will also be making a popsicle stick recipe card holder to go with this.

Just a few ideas that I didn't really plan on, just ended up working themselves out... :applause:

SharJMW

MHH Member
Oct 21, 2007
Hi Everyone,

My mother and I made two Bird Lovers Breakfast Baskets for our Holiday Fair in November. The larger one was a picnic basket with two mugs (with birds on them), 2 egg cups, a bird guide book, 2 large napkins that mom embroidered with birds on them, a bird feeder, a bird maget, a bird notepad and notecards, tea, honey, a breakfast bread mix and one of those birdseed bells to hang outside. They came out cute (and I hope they sell). We even wired a little red cardinal on the top of the wrap, instead of a bow. My sister loves birds and is threatening to buy one! LOL.

Shar

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
Casserole: I ordered a personalized Casserole/cake pan from Current Catalog. I also bought the Gooseberry Patch Casserole cookbook and a Bday cake scented candle. The kids will also be making a popsicle stick recipe card holder to go with this.
I love the idea of getting the kids involved in the gift giving!

SharJMV-Sounds beautiful!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I am doing character baskets:
Spongebob- no sew fleece blanket, lunchbox with cups, tops, bandaids, book (all Spongebob)

Spiderman- no-sew blanket, water bottle, lunchbox with book, cards, ball, washcloth, spiderman you drop in water and grows, toothbrush, puzzle.

Daschound- No sew blanket, adult and kids book, magnets, cookie cutter, frame, ornament

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
For my dad's birthday, I made him a Baseball Basket. It included:
Gift card for tickets to a minor league game
A team t-shirt
popcorn
peanuts
cracker jacks
a team ball cap
a baseball shaped washcloth (from dollar tree)

For our church basket raffle I made a back to school basket
notebooks
crayons
markers
pencils
pencil sharpener
eraser
folders
ruler
calculator
scissors

For our niece's birthday I made her a scrapbooking bag for her senior year~
senior year stickers
small scrapbook
paper in her school colors
letter stickers in her school colors
scrapping markers
mounting squares
(Next time I'll include a camera!)

For Christmas I'm making the nieces and nephews movie baskets:

movie (Santa Clause 3)
personalized snowflake ornament
mug filled with hot cocoa mix
small snowglobe
popcorn and holiday bowl
candy bars

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
What clever people we have here! I love all of these ideas, and will be copying and pasting as soon as i get two minutes to work on it! Thanks, and keep em coming!!!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I just thought of a basket for dd's godparents. They love ice cream and when visited for our goddaughter's birthday they used a spoon and butter knife to get the ice cream out! So, I ordered the Tupperware ice cream scoop for them and am going to add 2 ice cream bowls, a gc for the grocery they shop at most frequently, 2 ice cream toppings, jar of cherries and some nuts in a basket.

Lisa

wiggymrs

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
Dothan, AL, USA
I recently purchased lots of stickers and mini-scrapbooks on clearance. I also got a paper trimmer, actually two of them.

I thought I would get a Christmas-patterned photo box, put the top either standing up on the short end or along the side--wish I could describe that better!--and add the scrapbooking supplies. I will add some decorative scissors and paper and adhesives, too. The box would, of course, be part of the gift, to hold holiday pictures, waiting to be scrapped!

I have a couple of sisters-in-law that I think would enjoy these.

Elaine/wiggymrs

ChristmasMissy

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Georgia
I like to do up a basket for the vet's office since they are so good with my animals. I usually add lotions (since they are constantly washing their hands), lint rollers, hot chocolate and tea packs. I'll bake lemon sugar cookies cut into dog bone shapes. I would like to find a fish shaped one for this year. This year I will make them a card with the cats on it saying "Pawsing to wish you a Merry Christmas!" Last year it had the three cats and my dog Bennie on the card. Unfortunately he had to be put to sleep in June and the vet was so good to us. (She opened up the clinic at 10 p.m. on a Saturday night after he had his stroke.) I just want to do like a big "thank you for loving our animals they way we do" basket. LOL

Any suggestions on what else to put in there? :package:

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
In the event of the storm we are supposed to get today, I thought an emergency kit would be a good gift!
Collaspsible water container
candles and matches
flashlight
canned goods
canopener
battery or crank operated radio
cash
First aid kit
gas can
duct tape
Does anyone have anything to add?

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
This year I'm giving a couple of pizza kits to some of the younger teens in my family.

Pizza Basket

pizza baking stone
pizza cutter
grated parmesan cheese in a shaker jar (found the jars in Dollar tree)
pizza sauce
pepperoni
shredded mozzarella cheese
pizza dough mix
disposable aprons
oven mitts
2 liter bottle of their favorite soda pop

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
I'm making my friend's husband a game night basket:

cards
dice
Phase 10 cards (we've worn theirs out playing so much!)
Rook cards
dominoes
seasoned nuts in a jar or tin
basket or bag of cookies
popcorn and seasonings to sprinkle on top
6 pack of bottled rootbeer
candy canes and Hershey's kisses

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
For a family Christmas party's dirty Santa exchange, I'm doing three things:

1. S'mores in a Can-saw this at Wal-Mart, but I'm making mine:
package of graham crackers
package of marshmallows
package of snowman peeps
Hershey bars
all in an altered paint can

2. Hunter's Snack Basket
bag of nacho cheese Doritos
can of nuts
beef jerky
bottled rootbeer
other snacks..
I'll paint the basket bright florescent orange, and wrap camo fabric around it, tying it with orange ribbon

3. Pretty in Pink Basket
I'll paint the basket pink, use pink tulle and ribbon to wrap it, and everything in it will be pink:
nail polish
lipstick
small pieces of jewelry
bath products
pink candy
pink hot chocolate mix in a jar
anything else I can find that's pink!

Fun stuff to put together!

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
My 4yr old nefhew loves Spiderman. My brother requested that we not get my nefhew any toys this year. He has my nefhew for two weeks every two weeks. Right now they are sharing the same room at my moms house. My nefhew has toys down stairs and upstairs there is no more room since he won't get rid of any of his toys. I think I might do a spiderman themed present for him. A new backpack, blanket and such.