Things I love about me & the Holidays

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
It's February- Healthy Heart Month: Gingerbug has several great ideas in the Feb. Monthly Magic thread about nuturing ouselves.

It is important as we begin to nuture ourselves to stop the internal critic. It is easy for us to point out the good in others but often times we have negative thoughts about ourselves (I can't keep house clean, lose weight, keep everything together, I am ugly, I wish I could..., I should know better..., If only...etc. etc. Please recognize these negatives and focus on the positives: (for many this will be hard but very nourishing)

1. We will start easier- let's list 2 things that we love about ourselves and celebrating Holidays- do you home make gifts, do you think of unique gifts, make great foods, decorate beautifully, get cards/gifts out on time etc, etc. Think about it and name two- then later we will get a little harder and dig deeper:)

"heartstrings:

2. Make sure you note your Celebrate Me day for this month and think of something special to do that day and list on the Feb. Celebrate Me thread.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
You are so right, Twinkle!

Thinks I love about me & the holidays...
1. I am organized (usually and thanks to this site!), so that all holidays can be stress-free for not only me, but the whole family
2. I love entertaining and cooking for others, so we have our family and friends over as often as we can for the holidays

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Great thread....

Two things I love about me in regard to holidays...

1. I love to entertain and it enriches my friendships
2. I am usually really good at shopping after each holiday to pick up stocking stuffers or items for the next year....this enriches the budget...lol.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Hmmm. Two things I love about me and the holidays are:

1. I get so excited about my favorite holidays and that excitement spreads to my family.

2. I love to decorate for the holidays and find new ways to make our home look festive and warm.

pattycakes

Retire Member
Nov 4, 2007
shutterbugsmd.blogspot.com
2 things I love about me and celebrating the holidays:

1. I make at least 1 homemade gift for each person
2. My poppy seed cake! DKs adore and it and beg for it as soon as it's Thanksgiving! :turkey:

Celebrate Me Day: February 26th

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Even though I posted this challenge I had to think about what to list because I was starting to say I wish I or I love this BUT... and the but negates the positive and that is part of this is to focus on the positive:

1. I love the way I put thought into gifts for the individual.

2. I love to find things to do (places to visit/activities/etc) for me and me family.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I didn't manage to follow up with the celebrate me day in January (knocked flat with that cold), but I'm happy to have a chance for February! :-D

Two things.
1. I love decorating for the holidays and I think our house looks great when I decorate. This must be contagious because this year my son (almost4) was excited when I got him his own tabletop tree for his bedroom. It's not a task to decorate. :grin:

2. I'm pretty organized with the shopping. I make sure we save through the year so there's no burden to the budget and get our shopping done ahead of time (Oct/Nov) so December shopping is only little last minute things. We have time to enjoy baking and tv specials, etc. :snow:

February Celebrate Me Day: February 16 :love:

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Great thread! I like it!

Here's what I like about me and the holidays:
1. I love our house decorated for Christmas, and was so proud of it this year. Everything I used we already owned, I just used it in different ways and it looked totally different and even prettier than usual, I think!
2. Everyone seems to like to come to our house. It's the smallest in the family, but it's where everyone seems to want to be. I like that alot...I hope it's because it's warm and homey and welcoming!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Love this thread!!

My two things

1. I am so organized - there is no stress at holiday time. This makes for a wonderful holiday for my whole family.

2. I love to bake for the people that I care about.

"heartstrings: Melanie

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Very good thread!

1.) I make gifts for several people and co-workers always get an ornament. Plus we do alot of baking for people.

2.) We have Christmas Eve and Christmas Day and people love to come to our house. We decorate in and out. I make the same menu basically every year and they love it.

emily_hope

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Things I love about me & the Holidays:

~I get very creative with my gift giving!
~I always try to make each holiday special for my DFamily.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
1. I love that every family member comes to look at my christmas village and reminds me that it is just like the way gram did it.

2. I also love that our family is still together every christmas morning even though we all have children of our own now.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
1. Creating my old memories from my childhood to share with the future generations.
One thing I do is make candy that one of my aunts was famous for making. She died when I was about 14 so now, 50 years later not many people are left that remember her.

2. Leaving behind memories of past generations.
I do a Family Heritage Project for my family at Christmas. I was not raised by my immediate family so who they were and their stories was always a mystery to me. I decided the only one who would answer those guestions would have to be so I took this project on for Christmas.

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
:frosty: Two things I love are:
1) The traditions of my generation passed on to my 4 children to follow thru with in their lives. (ie: watching holiday specials, family time spent together, buying THAT SPECIAL gift for each person and not just buying whatever, sending cards to show people you remember them..)

2) Baking and crafting gifts of love with my own hands.

~wadeallie