Tip Top Tip for Today, Sunday, July 18

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
There seem to be a lot of bakers and cookie givers here. Check out the tip below regarding packaging.

**************************************************************************************
July 18, 2010

Today's tip comes from Lana

Lana writes:

We give SEVERAL plates of cookies away at Christmas and I was always looking for cheap plates, platters, or dishes to put them on. The last few years we have been getting beer flats or the flats at Aldi's that can goods are in and we wrap the bottoms real nice, sometimes put doilies in and pack them and then use the see thru plastic Christmas wrap over the top. People have told me they like this better because they don't have to store the dishes.

*************************************************************************************

Thanks, Lana. I think this is a great idea, especially if it's disposable! I'm thinking that lining the bottom of the box with a natural filling such as the kind of 'straw' like material that comes in many shipped food packages, could really be nice. Lana, your name has been thrown into my magic hat for the drawing at the end of the month. Good luck!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
Yet another great idea. Free and disposable. I know not everyone likes having a series of unmatching plates. (Although some do). Thanks for the tip Lana

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
Love that idea! You could easily wrap them in foil!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
I like this ideas too.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
This would also make it easier to transport the goodies! I always have plates slidng around in the back of my truck! Great Idea!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Great idea. I would find this easier to wrap then a plate.