Tip Top Tip for Today, Thursday, July 8

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
It's hot outside, at least for many of us. A/C is where we want to be! Read the tip below and you'll be delighted at how productive you can be in the A/C!

****************************************************************************************************
Thursday, July 8

Today's tip comes from AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle writes:

Work your way through writing Christmas cards/addressing envelopes in alphabetical order. Stand the unsealed, unstamped envelopes in alpha order in a shoebox.

Leaving them unsealed until the last minute allows you the ability to quickly flip to the desired card for any desired additions to your written Christmas greeting. It is also easy to insert family Christmas photos as they become available. Saving the stamps for the last minute avoids wasted money if someone's address changes close to the holidays.

Using this approach can allow the bulk of the work to be done far in advance of the holiday.

************************************************************************************************

Thanks AuntJamelle. I think I actually saw stars (the good kind!) when I read this tip. I think this is a perfect way to get a head start on holiday cards. I might even do it with birthday cards - buy and address the cards for say three months at a time and organize them by date to be sent and put that date in the corner where the stamp will go. AuntJamelle, your name is been thrown into my magic hat for the random drawing later this month. Good luck!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great tip! Especially if the cards are homemade because it takes quite some time to do them.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
What a wonderful idea. I often leave cards until the last minute because I am afraid that people details have changed. This way means I can have my cards done and just change what I need.

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Great idea to leave the cards unsealed until you're ready to mail...I always think of something else I wanted to say to so-and-so...this is a perfect solution!