Tip Top Tip for Today, Wednesday, July 21

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
I think having a welcoming home at the holidays is the best gift you can give yourself and your guests. Read the tips below for some great ways to do just that!

***********************************************************************************************
July 21, 2010

Today's tip comes from Gingerbug

Ginger writes:

Get your rooms ready for Christmas by filling sachet bags with Christmas scented potpourri and place them throughout the house. Tuck one in a basket in the bathroom, tuck one in the livingroom among tree branches or in the drawers of the guest room. Everywhere your guests go they will experiences the scents of the season!

Find jars of various sizes and shapes (flea market or resale shops) and fill them with peppermints or other brightly colored Christmas candies. Create a display on a table or dresser by grouping several jars of different heights together....you can tie Christmas ribbon around the neck of each jar to add more color. You can also fill them with minature Christmas ball ornaments and tuck in a few gold stars if you prefer instead of candy!

***********************************************************************************************

Thanks Ginger! I love these ideas. The candy is cute and you could add a little scoop and some small bags nearby if you wanted to offer it for guests to take home. Ginger, your name has been added to my magic hat for the drawing at the end of the month. Good luck!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Ginger! Love both the sachet idea and the visions of sugarplum idea! I'm thinking of a vision of sugarplum christmas... wow!

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Great ideas, Ginger! How nice it will be for guests to have the scents of the season to welcome them! (and maybe then they won't notice all the junk I've stashed in the closet! LOL!)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I like the idea of the miniature ornaments in a glass. Saves me from eating too much candy.