To-Do List for Week of Apr. 26-May 2nd

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Morning!! It's the last week of April, what's on your agenda?

Here's mine:

HAVE TO DO:
[X] Meeting at BDE (Mon)
[X] [X] Soccer (Tues, Thurs)
[X] Ice Cream Social at DS's school (Tues)
[X] [X] DD preschool (Tues, Thurs)
[X] Bloodwork
[X] Soccer game (Sat)
[X] Sign contract
[X] Schedule termite inspection (Mon)
[X] Scan contract and bank account info, send to lender

NEED TO DO:
[X] Vacuum
[X] Laundry
[X] Clean bathrooms
[X] Declutter desk

WANT TO DO:
[X] Bingo (hopefully)
[X] FRG stuff

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thank you for beginning our week, MrsSoup! I would LOVE to send April out/usher May in.... with great style!!! I'll add more to the list as the week unfolds!

Monday 4/26
Grocery Shop & Errands
Decluttering kitchen AND papers
Pick up dgs#2 at 4:00 - take him to get dinner for everyone
Pick up dgs#1 at 5:15 and bring back home with dinner for all
Homework & laundry
Donations to Thrift Shop

Tuesday 4/27
More decluttering kitchen & papers
work on bills
Big laundry & work in bedrooms
Pick up dgs@1 & #2 at school; homework & dinner
Pick up dd & bring home for dinner

Wednesday 4/28
Big laundry & work in bedrooms
More decluttering kitchen & papers
Farmer's Market & Thrift Shop
Transplant "volunteer" Lemon Balm and Wild Violets
Pick up dgs, errands & dinner
Stay for homework & visiting

Thursday 4/29
Decluttering kitchen & papers
Begin work in closets
Plant annuals & water all new plants

Friday 4/30
Grandparents/Special Friends Day for Neighbor 9:00
Chinese Food Lunch Celebration of Day
Household Routines & Decluttering
Water New Plants/Plant Annuals

Saturday 5/1
Block Party Notices
Work on Plans for Summer Holiday Grand Plan (1st Week - Back Porch)
Work on Back Porch - planting containers, cleaning & arranging furniture

Sunday 5/2
Block Party Notices
Summer HGP Begins - Back Porch Week

Last edited:

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
I haven't done this in awhile- so I'll jump in this week!

What I need to get done:

Chores:
* Sweep & Mop- DONE
* Put clothes up- DONE
* Dust- DONE
* Transplant tomato plants- DONE
* Clean off deck
* Maybe- Hopefully- fingers crossed- Work on clothes closet

Good things to do:
* Make Relay bags for turn in Wed.- DONE- But now have a couple more to do
* Read 45 minutes per day- T, read 3 hours on Saturday (Yea!), over an hour on Sunday- Double Yea!
* Church- Sunday 10:30 am- DONE

Social Activities:
* Relay for Life Meeting- Weds 6:30pm- DONE
* Bunco- Thursday- 5:00 pm- DONE
* Survivors Luncheon- Relay for Life- Saturday- 11 am-DONE

Annie

Last edited:

DawnSu

Premiere Member
Sep 8, 2008
Missouri
Trying to keep on this.....
Monday
get windshield fixed x
grocery shopping x
outline Rudy Day x
work 3-9pm.

Tues & Wed
NO WORK @ DG.....
clean 4 Ms Vera
make appt 4 dentist & Dr Nate
call bank
To do list for July- Dec
Stocking stuffer list
Gift closet list dbl check
my closet (sort clothes, yard sale/mission store/ trash)
plant tomato plants
start laundry
pick up dd 5pm
baseball game 5pm

Thur
work @ DG 10am-5pm
pick up dd 445pm
sweep/mop kitchen
declutter storage room in basement..
baseball game @ 530pm..

Fri
work @ DG 10am-430pm.
baseball game

I am sure something will b added or changed... always happens...lol

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Tuesday, April 27th. I am going to try a different system today. I am going to TRY to have all housework/bills/decluttering done by 5:00. That includes -- dinner prepared, table set and laundry put away, etc. etc. IF that could happen --- I would just need to warm and serve dinner, put the dishes in the dishwasher --- and MAINTAIN for the rest of the evening.

In the "ideal world" -- I would be able to take a long walk, do gardening (or.... engage in hand-to-hand combat with the mosquitoes), work on Christmas organizing, read, watch McNeil/Lehrer News Report on PBS and The John Stewart Show on PBS and The Cobert Report on the Comedy Channel.

So -- today -- Tuesday, I will try. This plan can be instantly derailed by "real life happening" -- but it is worth exploring! I'll report back.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Reporting Back on 4/27 - This experiment worked pretty well today! It CERTAINLY worked well enough to try again tomorrow. Somehow -- I was able to work much more diligently -- knowing that there was going to be an"end point" to the work. (Here is a disclaimer: my children are all grown. I KNOW that the mothers of dependent children do not have an end point to their work days.)

So - I worked diligently all day. Dh was also working (very, very hard) -- and at the end of the afternoon, he came to me and said "Do you have any interest in seeing a movie? I really need a break!" So - we went to a movie. MovieS actually. Dh had just read "The Girl With The Red Dragon Tattoo" - and he went to see that movie. At the same movie-plex, at about the same time, I went to see a movie, with Demi Moore, called "The Joneses". Both of us were quite happy with the movies we chose. And they did the trick -- they both gave us a GREAT break from our work.

So - I'll try it tomorrow too.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Wednesday, April 28th. It is the second day of the experiment: aiming to finish my work by 5:00 -- with dinner already prepared. (And cooking utensils clean and put away.) The evening "routine" work will then be dinner, dishes in dishwasher, and maintaining. This will allow the evenings free - for activities I choose.

Caveat: A great joy in my life is spontaneous/or planned activities involving grandchildren. On those days.... the routine will be suspended for the day.

Yesterday, I ALMOT overdid it on decluttering. I emptied THREE large contractor's bags of stuff that HAD been stored in our guest room/office. I could catch glimpses of "burnout" sneaking around. None of us want "burnout" to get us!

So... today, I will go back to a more normal workday. Laundry, cooking, some gardening, cleaning. PERHAPS a couple of hours of decluttering, while watching particularly juicy television programs!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Thursday, April 29th! Experiment continues.

Things went well yesterday -- steady work, with appropriate brief rests. A spontaneous request to join dgs came up -- so the work day only went until 3:00 (instead of 5:00). HOWEVER - the bonus (including being with family) was -- NO DINNER PREP FOR ME! Dh came to join us at about 6:30 (Very heavy work day for him!) And we had dinner at dd's home. ANOTHER BONUS: Since we (along with most of America) are trying to shave pounds -- we got plenty of exercise and had a VERY light dinner! I had a small sandwich. And dh had a bowl of cereal! No dinner prep for me!

Today - dd's family leaves for a long weekend away. ("Real life" will still happen -- it just will not involve adorable boys!) This will NOT be my most efficient workday: (1) I am always tired after a long session with small boys, and (2) it is a PRFECT day to work outside -- before a heavy heat wave.

We will see how the experiment goes today!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Plenty of work got done today.... considering how tired I get by taking care of the grandsons. Decluttered a big bag of paperwork, did laundry, cooked dinner, etc. etc. And lots and lots of gardening. But also... plenty of rest and lay on the computer.

Tomorrow, Friday, April 30th, will also be a "real life day". The entire morning will be out of the house -- beginning with a lovely breakfast and ending with a special lunch. MAYBE I can get a fair amount of work done if I get up and get started early!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday, April 30th! I've only gotten routines done this morning. Now -- it is out of the house until AFTER lunch! I am STILL going to try to finish my day's work by 5:00! (INCLUDING having dinner prepared and the kitchen cleaned up!) Since we are being treated to lunch at a Chinese restaurant, I am planning to have a salad, mixed fruit and delicious leftovers from yesterday's cooked dinner. About as easy as can be (delicious leftovers are like money in the bank!)

This afternoon's project will be working emptying the second contractor's bag that I began work on yesterday. And.... doing my best to make our home look "company ready" -- so WE can enjoy it this weekend!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Friday evening: The "plan" worked OK. I had the house picked up, errands done, routines done, and dinner prepared by 5:00. I did NOT have the kitchen cleaned up by 5:00. It is not TERRIBLE -- but it does need work. I worked on it - while I had a very satisfying phone conversation with my favorite cousin! And I will work on it a little later - while watching TV.

It is very good -- for ME -- to have a "goal time" for certain kinds of work. I am glad I id this experiment. I am going to continue with having the 5:00 goal for completing work.

Last edited:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Saturday, May 1st. The temperature today will be the highest on record for this date. We have had SUCH extreme weather for the last year or so!!!!!

I did lots of routines today. Also, did a lot of paperwork. And gardening.

Tomorrow is the first day of the Summer Holiday Grand Plan. (Cleaning/decluttering/fixing up the home from May through August.) The first week of the Plan begins tomorrow. And the room (for me) for the first week will be the Back Porch! (A very important summer "room" for us!) So...... today I spent a fair amount of time working on the back porch. Planting annuals in hanging baskets and containers. I'll work a lot more on the back porch tomorrow. Sweeping, cleaning furniture, arranging things.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Sunday, May 2nd: The final day of this week's plan. Our average temperature for early May is 72 degrees. It is in the 90's now. However -- there has been enough rain to keep things growing and looking healthy and beautiful! And -- I have already been working outside. Let's see....... ladies "glow"........ Remember to drink lots of water -- it is so good for everyone! (Be sure to keep putting water beside your children.... they are not so likely to speak up and tell you how thirsty they are!!!

When the heat/humidity finally drives me inside, I will work in the kitchen for a while. How about you?