Today is Officially.....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am plugging along. Have some stuff made but several things to do yet. Have money put back but had to use some so.....Off next week so hope to go over gift list and and items and see where I stand.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I have done well with putting money aside for Christmas and loading a storecard to buy grocery with, and I've also loaded another storecard for purchaes in the January sales. so I'm hoping I will feel the benefits of this come December/January.

That said I don't feel I am doing as well as usual on the gift front. I have completed quite a few but still have more to buy than I would like, I also have several birthdays which I always tackle with the Christmas gifts and I have only completed one of those.

I'm hoping to make a lot more progress over the next few weeks with the summer sales that are just starting here.

mommytotwo

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
:party: :package: ::eek:rnament:

I had purchased many of my presents, put together my gift list, is thinking about our Christmas cards, already bought personalized address labels, and is thinking of what to bake :). :grin:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
The half-way mark!!! Thank you for telling us --- I think that is something to ponder, and to celebrate!!

As for progress - many gifts are purchased. Not wrapped. Cards are purchased. Not addressed. Calendar and notebook are printed. Not written in. However - my attitude is very very good. Reading this board daily has been a great experience, happy and thought-provoking. I feel that my "Christmas world" is much bigger and less commercial, because of MHH. And "Christmas in July" makes me feel that more work will be done, and more fun will be had, in July!
:sleigh:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well I have PLANNED many things. Some gifts are bought, I have a craft list to DO, my cards are bought, but I'm not advancing as much as I would like... oh well might have time during the vacations since we're staying home (the kids have summer jobs).

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I can't believe the half-way mark is here already!!!

:grin:

Let's see, what I've got done so far includes...

- Updating my Christmas Card list

- Already have cards purchased (last year's sales)

- Purchased some stocking stuffers and a handfull of gifts

- I'm almost done with one present I'm knitting

- I've also organized my thoughts and plans on recipes for each holiday event this year. I've written down what I know I want to make, what cookbook it is in and what page number. I've also made a list of new recipes to try with the same reference info.

I feel like I have so much more to do, but this is the time of year where I usually get alot done - so I have high hopes for the next couple of months!!!

:bigsnow:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
And it's Turkey Day too!!! What more could a person want?

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
SparkleNana said:
However - my attitude is very very good. Reading this board daily has been a great experience, happy and thought-provoking. I feel that my "Christmas world" is much bigger and less commercial, because of MHH.

Have to agree with you there SparkleNana!

:flower:

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
Well, what have done so far for christmas...

I have to say: not very much. There were so many other things to do...

I have already made (and have written down) many plans. Adapting HGP to my needs,
Halloween, Christmas, etc.
And I have several ideas for decoration.

But as I said I haven't really done something (like shopping or doing some crafts).

Chilli :flower:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I can't believe we are already here. However, this is the time of year that I really get excited and geared up for the holidays because I know many of the craft stores are stocking their shelves with Christmas crafts and goodies.

I've been working on some gift baskets and will also be putting together some video montages for family members for Christmas.

I've got my Christmas card list pretty well ironed out and have decided to wait until the Fall after our daughter is born to take our family portraits. So excited for that!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
On the 26th of the month I was saying in 6 months Christmas will be over---that is such a let down. :frown: Because on the 24th and 25th I was reminding people of the big day. :package:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Lana --- but there will be ANOTHER Christmas coming right along (in only 365 days!!!) And you will be able to have fun on MHH every single one of those days! :sleigh:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
December 26th is not the end of the Christmas season. It is the beginning of a new season.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Yes, you guys are right BUT I mean just at that time it is the BIG build up and then thru all. But it is the time to record the good and bad and start with new ideals or improvements and to "HIT THE SALES"!!!!! Will have to go back to work the 26th but the 27th I should be off so.................

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I agree with you, Lana. It seems that most of the country is building up to December 25th. Certainly - most of our friends and family. And there is so much pressure to get "everything" ready on time. (Of course, no matter how much we do get ready - it is easy for us to think of so much more that we would like to get ready!"

It would be nice to have lots to look forward to in the couple of weeks after Christmas. But most people don't have the money or the energy for that. Maybe it is something that we can think about and discuss here at MHH -- "the post-Christmas let-down." :frown:

chilli

Premiere Member
Dec 27, 2007
Austria - Europe
SparkleNana said:
I agree with you, Lana. It seems that most of the country is building up to December 25th. Certainly - most of our friends and family. And there is so much pressure to get "everything" ready on time. (Of course, no matter how much we do get ready - it is easy for us to think of so much more that we would like to get ready!"

It would be nice to have lots to look forward to in the couple of weeks after Christmas. But most people don't have the money or the energy for that. Maybe it is something that we can think about and discuss here at MHH -- "the post-Christmas let-down." :frown:

We already had such a discussion: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1121
And I'm sure it will come again after christmas...

chilli

Angel

MHH Member
Jul 1, 2008
Oh my gosh!! I better get my notebook out and start planning. Where does the time go?