Today is Officially.....

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I am in a middle of a complete DIY home renovation, working full-time, three boys and exhausted :!:
But besides that I am on track! :santalol:

We have an inside completion date of November; the exterior, landscaping and garage for the spring of next year - and into summer depending on permits and work. :thud:

mrspaul

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I think I am coming along just fine - I have quite a few gifts boughts already, ideas on my lists for other gifts to buy. I am trying to also buy one gift per month to put away - I have done more than that this year - thanks to all the great clearances at kohls !! I dont send out many christmas cards anymore, so one box will last me about four christmas. I have four family members to buy for - dh, dd, son in law, dgd - for dh I already have 3 gifts bought with another 3 more ideas, dd I have 12 gifts bought with another 7 gifts on my list to get ( an dthen wait till closer till christmas to see what else she mentions) , son in law 8 gifts bought, with just one more on list to get, and granddaughter I have 6 gifts bought, with only one more on list to get - I need to wait closer to christmas since she is just two - to see what she is fascinated with at christmas time.
What I need to do is get a one hundred dollar gift card for grocery store to use at thanksgiving and one to use at christmas. I think instead of getting gifts the next couple of months I will concentrate on gettting those - I do get a small state bonus from my job this month - am hoping it will be a hundred so I can get gift card this month. I have some stocking stuffer for the above four family members. Next I have 3 nieghbor children to get for (one gift each about 20 dollars spent on each - I get those closer to christmas with a gift receipt for easy exchanges), Then my five daycare children, I already have three generic gifts bought that I can use - if one child leaves and another one comes I can still use the same gift - try to get them with a couple of years age range, boy or girl. Husband's parents always get one hundred dollars - they live across country. I have one gift for my the daughter of my daughter's friend (bought on clearance), and still have to get a 15 dollar gift card from dunkin donuts as a little gift for the man who comes as santa to our daycare party at my house. He volunteers but I like the kids to give him a little something. - All in all, I think I am coming along fine.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
I am coming along rather nicely. Most of my gifts are bought. My family decided that we would choose a name and fill a stocking. I have of at least 1/2 of those bought (I got my oldest son; easy!). I have a few stocking stuffers for my grandchildren, as well as most of their gifts. I just bought some books at Dollar General this weekend for around 60 cents, each!! I love to give books to kids. Haven't had a chance to do any sewing for a while. I hope to this weekend. I have made tons of the post it stands, and my grandson asked me Saturday to make one for his two cousins (on our side of the family). He is a thoughtful boy. :applause:

I would say that I am over 3/4 of the way thru the gift buying, etc. In the fall, I'll start buying the baking stuff, etc. I have a tiny kitchen and NO extra storage space.

Everyone, I hope you are having a great day, and keep on track for Christmas!!

:bigsnow:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've made alot of progress just over the last month!

:package:

I've been trying to pick up stocking stuffers, at least one, on every trip to the grocery store.

I've already completed one stocking, and have a nice start on 2 others. I've got little paper shopping bags setup in my gift closet for each person's stocking the "spoils" divided between them!

I've also been purchasing ornaments that are meant as gifts. Some will go in stockings, but some will be meant as the main present - maybe given along with a food type item.

I just went to Hobby Lobby today and took advantage of their 40% sale to buy 7 ornaments as gifts. That plus the Hallmark ornaments I've purchased have made a nice addition to my gift closet stash!

I've completed several knitting projects meant as gifts and gotten started on altering memo pads, pens, etc. for this year as well.

I have even made good progress on finalizing menus and compiling a master grocery list.

Oh, and I test a cookie recipe on CIJ which I really liked and will be making this year.

Little by little I am coming right along! Hooray!

:pink:

LovingChristmas

Retire Member
Nov 5, 2007
South New Jersey
I'm running a little behind schedule. That's okay, I'm rectifying that problem right now. :grin:

housewife2

Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
va
i have done at least 1/3 of my shopping. all wrapped and tagged. waiting for more stuff to go on sale at cracker barrel . have bought gft cards.