Topic/Subjects

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
I know that everyone does their Holiday Notebooks to fit their life style needs, but I was wondering what others have in their notebook. There might be some ideas that I haven't thought of yet.
I enjoy my Holiday notebook - and others - even if it is just my DH and I at home. Even "empty nesters" decorate!
Just wondering... :snow:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My Christmas Notebook has five:
1. The Plan, I never use this part because I go online.
2. Crafts
3. Cards, I print out a copy of my address labels, keep a copy of my christmas cards and any ideas for new cards
4. Debrief, my notes on past Chrirtmas plans, menus and food shopping lists
5. Recipes

I have a Thanksgiving/Halloween and an Easter Notebook, mainly with recipes, menus, shopping list, and crafts.

I really have less now than I had before the internet. Now I don't keep a lot because I can find it again online. Funny, now I'm also more organized.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have my Christmas Notebook divided into quite a few sections.

Here they are:

Houseworks Holiday Plan
Christmas Countdown
Budget
Gifts
Food
Cards
Decorations
Family/Home
Traditions
Xmas Past

:snowman: Melanie

SmilingSandra

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
Saskatoon, SK Canada
I am undecided about what sections my binder should have. So I am experimenting with tabs that are removable, like post-it notes only tabs. For instance, I have one labeling my cards and budget, but if I should change my mind about needing a tab I can easily remove it. This way I can see what works and what really does need to be in a section all it's own.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I've had a Christmas Notebook for a few years now, but with the help of OC and Melinda's dividers this year's will be the best ever. I use a large 3" red binder and have the following sections:-

Holiday Grand Plan - (This is the one I'm trying out this year)
Calenders
Planning - To do lists, planning forms etc
Address List - Here I also have my Christmas card list and ideas for making them, my gift list, internet order record, and sales planner.
Menu PlannersFreezer/pantry inventories, shopping list, ideas for table settings.
Recipies
Decorations - Magazine cuttings' decoration inventory, this year's decoration plan, seasonal spruce up list.
Notes
Rudolph Club
Forms

Hope this gives you some ideas, everyones Notebook is personal to them and it should be whatever works best for you.
:globe:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
The beauty of it is that our sections and our tabs can fit our lifestyle and who we are.
The first thing you see when opening my notebook is something my 23yo (he'll be 24 tomorrow) made in school. It's a Santa Claus with a little story about his santa.
My tabs are:
The Countdown
My Peeps (this is my gift lists)
Budget
Menus
Basket Ideas
Traditions
Our Values
Recipes
Thanksgiving
The Magic (my new section for the elves)

:snow:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Mine has the following sections in a 3 ring binder, not sure what size, probably a 2 inch:

Christmas Countdown
Gifts (within the Christmas Countdown section, contains all my gift lists)
Rudolph Club
HHP
HGP
Magic Elves
Calendars
Address Book that contains my Christmas card list
Envelope in the back pocket for receipts

I still have alot of work to do but i'm happy with it for this year. I plan on adding several sections for next year.

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Thank you so much for all of your input! I can always use new ideas...guess you can "teach an old dog new tricks"!
I am SO much more organized with my notebooks!
:bigsnow:

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I have been sorta using a notebook for 3 yrs now. This year though I have been using it more. Here are my sections(so far):

planning
ideas
crafts (Christmas only)
cooking
shopping

then the "other" crafts by season
spring
summer
fall
winter
all seasons

UFO challenge (which I am running in 2008)

Right now (as you can see) its not much but I am planning for other notebooks for recipes, house, school, DS9 (he's autistic).

HAGD
Tina
:pink:

COTINTOP

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
In addition to what others have listed, I use my notebook to keep track of "craft" inventory of containers and parts of gift baskets in process as well as my completed gift closet inventory. I also keep a list of "to buys" to watch for sales to complete projects in process. I do lots of gift baskets and start with the after Christmas sales on containers and patterned cello wrap and decide my theme and then add to them as the year progresses. That way I can find things from Target and Michaels dollar spots, etc. Because my buying is spread out, I forget along the way what I have unless I keep track of it.

zchristy

Santa's Elves
Here's the index to my online Christmas Notebook:

1. Grocery List
2. Recipes
3. Budget & Gift Lists/Ideas
4. Traditions
5. Future Ideas/Things to buy
6 Things to do/schedule
7. Poems/Craft Ideas
8. Website Listings
9. Yearly Plans/Lists

I have a reference notebook with the same sections as my online notebook- it just has pictures, magazine articles, craft ideas etc that fit each section...things that can't go into a word document.

I have a separate recipe notebook with all my recipes in the kitchen and it's divided up into sections on: everyday meals, birthdays, christmas, easter and appetizers.

Hope it helps!