trying any new desserts this year?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
I am thinking of putting out a pumpkin roll along with the pies that I always do, and perhaps a cheesecake this year...

What's going to be a new addition to your dessert table?

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I tried a pumpkin cheesecake. It is out of the oven now and cooling - then into the fridge to chill overnight.

Will top with whip cream and cinnamon sugar pecans.

Crossing my fingers :)

ChristmasCheerSpredr

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
owosso michigan
pumpkin cheesecake sounds great! Please post when you sample it and let me know how it is, that sounds like something my bunch would love! Happy tasting!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm making pumpkin pie (from scratch) and chocolate cream pie with an Oreo crumb crust (from scratch). I'll also make spiced whipped cream. Both are new recipes to me and I hope they turn out well. :)

(I've never done pumpkin pie but I can follow directions so I'm hopeful!)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Pumpkin Crunch Cake. I'm in love.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I had considered making pumpkin fudge for Thanksgiving but it's a bit too different so I might do that as a Halloween one. :)

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
After cooking for two days, I did not have ANY dessert, but I am told the pumpkin cheescake was very good. I did taste the nuts, and I think I added too much egg white (not as 'pretty' as I hoped) - but the family raved about them.

Not even a slice or nut left :)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I am so glad it went so well. It was so much fun hearing about how it went for you. tfs

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I'm making pumpkin pie (from scratch) and chocolate cream pie with an Oreo crumb crust (from scratch). I'll also make spiced whipped cream. Both are new recipes to me and I hope they turn out well. :)

(I've never done pumpkin pie but I can follow directions so I'm hopeful!)

THe pumpkin pie turned out wonderfully.

The chocolate cream pie was good, but in hindsight, I found out that overnight in the fridge would've made it much better instead of having it fresh that day. It set up better. Leftovers were wonderful!