Trying to find "Curtain Lights"...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
I have sheer drapes in the living room and have this vision of hanging curtain lights behind them..would look pretty inside and out.

But no matter how much I searched last year, I could not find curtain lights anywhere.

They are lights that hang in straight lines (unlike netted lights for trees). Anybody know what I mean and know where to find them? I haven't even been able to find a picture, despite having seen them on the internet a few years ago.

TIA!

jinglemom

Retire Member
Oct 16, 2007
I have seen them before at IKEA with the Christmas merchandise. I know they sell other types of string lights during the year but I'm not sure if they currently have the curtain lights. I have also seen them on ebay but I think they were also from IKEA. ::eek:rnament:

kmwiegand

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
We use icicle lights - three strands of them. We are "lucky" that our front window is acutally three windows stacked, so we can hang the three strands directly on the windows and it fills the whole window - it is SOOOO beautiful. and we us "twinkle" type icicle lights were only a few of the bulbs slowly blink on and of.

kmwiegand

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Everyone of you who wrote on this thread is a creative and beautiful person and you MUST share more on these boards because we need your ideas! These "curtain lights" they wrote about are unusual and beautiful and not difficult and not expensive -- but I had no idea in the world how to use them. I had driven by a house that used them - all year - but ??????? How???? It was just explained here. Wow.