Twenty Four Days of Christmas Activity List

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Here's an old Activities list I found from 2006...I need to look it over and come up for one for this year. I'm sure there will be some changes...I need a few things suitable for Evan who will be two right before December.

Gingerbug's List for 2006

December 1: Family members write memories in Christmas journal and I will give basket of twenty four items to be opened one a night.
December 2: Decorate some parts of house. Evening: Wine Tasting Party (friends)
December 3: Decorate rest of house.
December 4: Make Bath Salts
December 5: Hot Chocolate (Candy Canes)
December 6: Read the Story of Jesus Birth
December 7: Nativity Night/Light Candles
December 8: Christmas Movie Night
December 9: Jazzy Jingle Bells Dinner Party (neighbors)
December 10: Bake Cookies
December 11: Play Christmas Trivia
December 12: Make Gift Tags for Gifts
December 13: Christmas Music/Wrap Gifts
December 14: Family Talk: Share Memories
December 15: Christmas Movie Night
December 16: Attend Staff Holiday Party
December 17: Happy Holidays Dinner (family)
December 18: Make Candy
December 19: Drive/Enjoy Lights
December 20: Book Night: Sharing Favorite Stories/Passages (read aloud)
December 21: Kelsey's Birthday Supper
December 22: Christmas Movie Night
December 23: Read all Christmas Cards/Vote on favorite
December 24: Christmas Eve Dinner with Family/Friends

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Great list! Thanks for the ideas.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The Jazzy Jingle Bells dinner was a theme dinner I hosted back in 2006...using BELLS of all kinds on trees and as the centerpiece....that year I hosted three or four dinner parties...they were smaller and more intimate than larger parties and something I am planning again for 2008. It just works a lot better with the set up of our home.

The Wine Wonderland (wine tasting) was a big success that year...We renamed all the wines...like White Christmas Zinfendal, Merry Mistletoe Merlot etc....the small tree was decorated with wine charms and turned out very cute!!!

I am a BIG fan of theme parties and really want to host several this year...honestly in 2007...I got a bit off track and ended up just hosting two,.....My Winter Wonderland Brunch and a Country Christmas party...BUT to be able to do so I may start in November....with a Friendship Gratitude Brunch...I'll give more details later if people are interested....

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Ginger! I remember that Jazzy Jingle bells dinner party plan! That's when we first starting PMing each other, because I collect jingle bells too!! I had just ordered my Thomas Kinkaid bells and told you about them. Do you remember that? Not sure why I remember stuff like that....can't remember my kids' names, but I remember other stuff. Hmm..

I am pasting this list into a word document to tweak for our house. This might be a good May Rudy Day project, because the wedding will be over and I can focus on Christmas again! Thanks for sharing!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
YES...I do remember...because of the Kincaid bells...I really liked them but never ordered them because I was being budget minded,...lol....still trying to be...budget minded I mean...especially with gas prices forcing prices up on food and everything else.

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
I've started on my activity list for this Christmas and I love some of your ideas. I'll be adding some of these in through out my month most likely!!!

I agree with you about hosting more parties that are smaller and more intimate. That is something I may keep in mind for this season. I always want to host a big Christmas party, but b/c I work in a mall at Christmas, I always end up running out of time and never getting it done! This year, I hope to do all of the planning way in advance and maybe if I am not stressing about 20 billion people coming over, it wouldn't be so bad. Just a few small dinners or what not? Who couldn't handle that?!?