UFO Challenge 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
HI ALL!

It's that time of year again!!!
I'm giving everyone some time to gather all their projects and decide what is getting finished & what needs to be reconsidered (I have a few of these myself).

Our goal is to rid ourselves of all those pesky projects that we never seem to finish or put aside for "one day". So gather up all your UFO's (UnFinished Object), WIP's (Work In Progress), PIGS (Project In Grocery Sack/bag) and WTBS's (Waiting To Be Started) and let's get going!!

The start date is February 1 and the end date is October 30.
Please post your hours as you go along to make it easier to see who the winner is. The "prize" is a donation to the winner's charity of choice.

Ready......set.......GO!

Happy Crafting!
Tina

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Off the top of my head is the cross stitches (again) and the joy wall hanging..... I have quite few other projects that will sit until I get these 4 things done then I'm deciding what is necessary & what can be ditched or donated to my DS(4) school.

Cross stitches

Wolf 1/3 done already ()
Wolf Robe ()
Me & You () (assuming I can find it)

Sewing
Joy wall hanging ()

HAGN
Tina

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
no crafting done since my last post..... been taking care of myself & my heart after bing in the hospital overnight in February.

Happy Crafting!
Tina

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
OK Tina - I'm in!

I have 6 knitting/crocheting UFO's at the moment - 3 blankets (one really almost done) 2 sock pair and one wristlet pair.

I'm currently working on the second wristlet. I'll keep you posted.

Take care of you.

Debbie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I have a list I made a few years ago. I have a few done off the list but I need to try to do one a month. Thanks for the reminder.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I have a big giant clock I bought to make 2 years ago and now all the materials are dried up and I have no idea what to do. It's that crackeling paint stuff with stain. So I guess I need to pull it out, do some research and actually make it. It was from a craft day at church one day.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Glad to see y'all here!

Michelle - I have a sewing project yhat i found & had to replace a few missing items. I'm almost ready to start it now (8 yrs later!)

Happyt Crafting!
Tina

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I finished a UFO! I was just sitting in my Scrap Studio when I saw this bag of craft items I had picked up many months ago to finish a project. I grabbed it, without thinking, finishing off the project in less than 10 minutes. Now why did I keep putting it off? It sure took a lot more energy thinking about putting it off than it did to finish it!!!!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Gosh

I have this sewing craft UFO ... it is a cute angel dolly. It's printed on the fabric. You just have to sew it! Add a few embellishes ... but have I done it? I can't even tell you how long I've had it ... yearssssssssssssss. LOL

Hmmmmm, I might really make it this year. (But I say that every year)

:bees:

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Hi Everyone!!! I'm back.... still dealing with health issues (mine & my autistic son)

ahorsesoul - WTG!! Don;t you love it when something gets done that fast!!

Jampsss - I can relate! some of my ufo's I've had at least 6 or 7 years & that's being conservative (it's probably been longer)

Well got to run just wanted to let all of you know I didn't forget you!! Hopefully I will be on more often once we get the end of school year things done with DS4 & DS13

Happy Crafting!

Tina

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Tina, Sending lots of healthy thoughts to you and your family.

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Ty for the thoughts! I know I've been MIA for a while; I jsut had MORE tests done to see what the heck is going on with me!

Here's the list
CROSS STITCH
Wolf () - about 1/3 done at the moment
wolf robe ()
Me & You () - assuming I can find this one. It got lost somehow.
Home sweet home- (3.5 hrs)

SEWING
Joy wall hanging ()

HAGD
Tina

Last edited:

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
I"m Back!!! All the tests I had came back "normal" BUT that made us (me & my doc) realize something else was going on & dealt with that (so far so good)

here's my update
CROSS STITCH
Wolf () - about 1/3 done at the moment
wolf robe ()
Me & You () - assuming I can find this one. It got lost somehow.
Home sweet home- (5.75 hrs)
SEWING
Joy wall hanging ()

Happy Crafting!
Tina

Last edited:

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I should catch up....

wristlets finished - new pair started
3 blankets finished - new one started
one sock of one pair finished - another whole pair unfinished...

not too bad although I may have some other socks lying around...

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
hi all!

Halimer- WTG don't forget to post your hours thats how we know who the "winner" is.

got another 1.5 hours in on the crossstitch this week

hagd
Tina

supermom315

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Deptford, NJ
Im still here!

just been dealing with a ton of stuff this past month.

I havent been crafting because I forget where I hid my cross stitches but i did knit 3 scarves to keep my sanity with everything going on.

will post more later

HAGD
Tina

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
I've managed to finish a few UFO's recently in the sewing room, as well as make progress on a cross-stitch one too.

I also have a stack of UFOs all sorted out, with all the bits needed to finish them, so that I can work away on projects in the odd few snatches of time (like 10-20 minutes) that I get and see some progress. Hopefully, they will actually be given this year!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I made three scrapbooking albums that have been on my list. Finally finish and delivered to DS his thank you album for the lady in Germany who took off work to be his tour guide a week's visit there. One for a friend that I will give her for her birthday coming up. The last one is for a dear high school friend who came to visit. These three albums were taking up a lot of space in my Scrap Studio and more space in my mine because I knew I needed to get them done.

Just this month I spent three days at the scrapbook store. I work better there than at home. Too many distractions at home. I arrived at 10 am and stayed until after 4:30 or 5. So from that I put in 18.5 hours on the first three albums.

Then I scrapped parts of my DD album that I do keep up to date so that wasn't a UFO and started an album for her room mate for a Christmas gift (another non UFO).

I'm going to try and keep this up for several weeks until I cut my scrapbook projects done to just current and heritage projects. I have an album to put together for the neighbor's Christmas gift. But this week I want to do an album for a raffle coming up in Nov. So this week isn't a UFO since I haven't started on it. lol

Last edited: