Week 1 - Planning & Paperwork

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Last year it was really nice to have a place to support one another week by week. I'd like to make sure we have that place again this year. Let's talk about it, what works, what doesn't and ways we can help one another.

On the reading assignments "Decluttering Your Home" I love the STOP method although I still struggle with that 15-20 minute segment of time allowed. Heck, I'm just getting started and getting into the flow of things. Instead of using the various strategies I'm going room by room as the plan encourages; for example, the office this week, the living room next week.

The no-buy-it diet appears to be somewhat dated with the recommendations in my opinion. No one likes a "moocher", somone who constantly borrows things instead of buying or even renting their own.

What personality type are you? I think I'm all of the above to one degree or another. Dh is hands down the Rebel. LOL

Now Information Central is definitely a must for any household although the "telephone" information is still very reminiscent of the wall phone era. This is my biggest problem area because the amount of paper coming and going with a business involved is often overwhelming for me.

I'm still sanding and painting on my office area and trying to rearrange everything so it's going a bit slow.

How are you MHH'rs doing on this first week of HHP.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
My students are doing "seat-work" today, so I've had a few minutes to browse, but I need to put some foot action to it when I get home. I did so much this summer at home that I am feeling at a loss on some of it since so much has already been done. I guess I should be grateful for it, but instead, I feel a little empty. I enjoyed the adrenaline rush from trying to accomplish it every year.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
I'm trying to get into the swing of things. We moved a year ago, and DH and I agree that this has been the hardest move for us to get routines re-established. ( we moved 4 times in 10 years)

I started several weeks ago getting files into order. It seems that was not done last year, so it's a big job.

I'm also working 12 hour shifts in a neonatal ICU. It's stressful. When I come home, I don't want to do anything. On my days off, I'm going to appointments and catching up on daily stuff that gets overlooked when I work.

I should be grateful that any time on HHP is well spent. Hopefully I can keep up with this one section of the MHH board.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I posted on the other thread but will update this one by the end of today with my progress for Week 1. I got a lot done but there was a LOT to do and I'm going to have to really scurry the next few weeks to get things on track. Can we change this to TWO weeks of planning and paperwork? ;-)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
1. Sort through 14" stack of mail. DONE.

2. Get out high speed scanner and start making paper go away. UNDERWAY. Pat on back!)

3. Check holiday address labels. I think I might be out. I HAVE ABOUT 10. NEED MORE.

4. FlyLady housekeeping. -- DONE.

5. Find Houseworks book. Wonder if it is out on e-book? NARROWING SEARCH.

Still needs doing:
1. Check my Christmas list on old computer. (Stalling because old computer a pain)

2. Trip to Apple Store for Software install so can use my Christmas lists etc on new MacAir. Try not to walk out with an iPad instead. ;-)

Added to list:
Organize files on Desktop so I can find them more easily. Wonder what is best way to do that. Will start a thread on this.