WEEK 11: Garage/ Storage Area

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Welcome to garage/ storage week! We start by pulling everything out of the garage/ storage area, sorting like items into piles. Eliminate duplicates, broken, no longer used, or unidentifiable items. Clean shelving units and floors. Hang as many items as possible to save space and eliminate clutter. Store items that are used together in the same place - snow shovel and rock salt. Consolidate space when possible- store suite cases in side each other. Items that are used frequently should be kept were they are easily available.
Call trash pick if needed for extra item pickup.

Continue:
Holiday baking
Freezer meals
Food donations
Gift shopping
Gift wrapping and preparing to ship gifts
Work on any homemade gifts
Work on homemade Christmas cards, ordering cards or shopping for cards. Order/ buy stamps

Other items this week:
Order turkey
check linens and dishes
review menus
order any extra chairs etc
check holiday clothing.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Finished all the holiday cards and birthday cards for the year this morning. Everything is organized by what day they need to be mailed.
Will spend part of the week working on a fall quilt. Friday and Saturday will be spent putting together the Christmas trees and fluffing them so they are ready to decorate.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
To help get me back on track, I'm reverting to posting publicly what I need to do. Something about checking off my list and knowing that there's someone who "sees" me when I'm being not so on-track ...

Leftover from Family Room Week
  • Thorough dusting, Vacuum area rug -- DONE
  • Vacuum couch, love seat, and foot rest -- DONE
  • Sort through dog toys
  • Clean baseboards (all) and touch up paint where needed

Garage Week
** I have a huge pile in the middle of the 2nd car space that is for donation and/or sale, mostly from the boat and dock box. It's been sitting there since early August. This is high priority #1.

• Load items for donation and take to Goodwill or other donation place -- DONE (2 loads; still have a few more items that will need to go)
  • Move tool chest (given to me by DSIL) and reposition shelf; move tools from various bags and bins into tool chest drawers -- DONE
  • Dispose of old beverages in garage, if they've lost their fizz (some pop and beer, 3+ years old) -- Almost Done
  • Stow remaining patio cushions -- DONE
  • Finish stowing canning supplies / equipment -- DONE
  • Sweep garage -- DONE
  • Garage windows
  • Set out glue traps for any field mice that may migrate into the garage (knock on wood, none so far)
  • Paint garage-side of door into lower level (or, at least clean with Mr. Clean-type sponge) -- DONE
  • Stage Christmas bins for easy access -- DONE

Last edited:

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Will be working on my baking today since I finally found some fresh yeast.
Tomorrow will be heading out to a big Christmas sale and a thrift shop Christmas event.
I have one small tree all fluffed and ready to decorate :)

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
I got almost everything done on my list this week!
Baking is done and in the freezer. I baked less than last year which is good.
Trees are already to decorate and house is picked up.
Bought the turkeys for the church and delivered to the lady making the food baskets.
Fall quilt is still a work in progress.