WEEK 12: Attic and/or Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Continuing with cleaning storage areas, this week we work on the attic. Sort though all the boxes/ storage containers and piles of “stuff”. Again eliminating items that are no longer worn or used, outdated, duplicates, broken, or unidentifiable. Repack and label containers that you are keeping. Dust and sweep attic if possible.
No attic? Take the week off or move on to another area.

Continue:
Holiday baking
Freezer meals
Food donations
Gift shopping
Gift wrapping and preparing to ship gifts
Work on any homemade gifts
Work on homemade Christmas cards, ordering cards or shopping for cards. Order/ buy stamps

Other items this week:
Continue prep for thanksgiving.
Order turkey
check linens and dishes
review menus
Review recipes and update grocery shopping list
order any extra chairs etc
check holiday clothing.
Label serving dishes and utensils
Prepare any dishes that can be made in advance (pie crusts, sides, etc) and freeze.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
No attic here, but it's going to be a crazy week. So, I'm thankful for Attic/Storage week. This week will see carpet installed on four 8-setp sections of stairs, from garage level to foyer, foyer to living area, living area to landing up, and landing to 3rd level, as well as in the guest bedroom. My bedroom will be done after Thanksgiving. My focus this week will be spent on finishing a few last items on Garage Week list, reassembling the guest bedroom (DMom is coming to stay during Thanksgiving week), and getting my lower level storage area (closet under the stairs) cleaned out.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have just finished decorating and putting away the boxes. Have a few more things I need to buy (fairy lights that can be either warm white or colored.. I already have 2 sets over kitchen cabinets that stay there all year long. Need to buy one for the mantel and one for the office.
Some things did not go up this year, so I have to decide if I let them go or not..

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
My plan is to start making ahead the cookie doughs, breads and anything I can make ahead for Thanksgiving and Christmas meals which is the 24th and 25th of this month. I am also making cinnamon rolls for the baby shower for DD on Saturday. Anything I can do ahead will help a lot. I will have to spend one day doing all the gluten free items because that will require a good cleaning of the kitchen to avoid cross contamination. That will probably be done last.

Myron's Mom

Premiere Member
Jul 1, 2018
Ohio
Sidelined by the intestinal flu this week so I’m still doing trees. I managed to finish the sunroom, it’s already for Christmas. Living room tree is done and the room is ready for thanksgiving. Husband spent about 2 hours fixing the lights on the entryway tree. This is the 2nd year they have been a problem. If I see a nice tree on sale when I go out I’ll get a new one for next year. I bought it in 2008 so I guess I can’t complain.

Reactions: jampss