Week 15 - Finish up week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
This week, the builders leave!! I have the cleaning company booked to call this evening to confirm what's needed and come on either Wed or Thurs to do the cleaning!! YAY!! Although we did a lot of cleaning over the weekend too.

DD and I went to the storage over the weekend and brought home my collection of presents and also the decorations. DH put the tree up yesterday while we were out, and DD and I can decorate it during the week or next weekend as we feel like it (DH is away a lot of the week for work).

I also brought home the 2 crates of presents I had bought, and my wrapping supplies, so I can start on the wrapping too.

I want to spend 1 night baking and sweet making. But no more than that this week (hopefully 1 night next week also). And as I won't be giving certain presents until 29th, I won't make the last of the food gifts until we get back home after Christmas itself (28th or 29th probably). I have a few more sewing things to finish off too.

I will write all my cards and mail them.

And I will arrange to visit the beautician and hairdresser too, for routine maintenance. I may even arrange a day off (depending on workload here and how things are at home) and relax and get a fwe things done as well. Hopefully the weather (more snow expected from Thursday) won't close DD's school or stop DH from getting home.

The magic part of the week will be DD having 2 Christmas parties on Saturday (her sports club one on Sat morn instead of training, and my office party for kids of staff from 12-3 on Sat), and my own office lunch on Friday. And I have aranged to meet a friend on Wednesday, and hope to meet another friend on Thursday (we had to cancel last arrangement from pressure on both sides and she's been away for past 2 weeks).

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Well, the cleaners are in today blitzing the house so it should sparkle when we get home tonight. The builders are pretty much done, and WILL be done by lunchtime.

A day off is not possible this week after all, but I am going to try and take next Tuesday off instead. But I did relax in a long bath last night which finally got me sleepy (after 5am which was a bit dumb and late, but at least I got almost 2 hours).

I am finally feeling this morning that there is a chance I might get it together in time after all. And if the threatened bad weather does close in, it's a great excuse to just hunker down and hibernate for a week or so, just us!!