Week #3 Desserts or Cookies

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Nothing is as special as those yummy holiday desserts and cookies.....so here's the week to share your favorites or try out some new recipes....post your recipe here....after giving some of them a try...come back and post your review or rating for the recipe....

Thread will open for comments Week Three.....

:tree2:

Last edited:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Okay we are going to have two Bake Off threads open for a bit.

The Week Two: Breakfast one closes Wed and I'll draw the winner (got a late start on it and the boards being down)

This one Week Three: Cookies and Desserts will remain open through Saturday with a winner announced on Sunday. Good luck everyone and I'm looking forward to seeing some yummy recipes!!

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Giving this a bump...there's still time to get in the drawing...post your recipe....Drawing...Sunday evening...!!!!

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Crunchy Peanut Bark

2 pounds white confectionery coating
1 cup peanut butter (have used both, but I like creamy)
3 cups crisp rice cereal
2 cups dry roasted peanuts
2 cups miniature marchmallows

Place confectionery coating in a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave at 50% power until melted, about 5 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto waxed paper or divide between two greased 9" square pans.

Yield: 10 dozen

These are really good and is a good filler on a cookie tray with the amount it makes.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Peanut Butter Fudge

1 11-ounce creamy peanut butter
1 16-ounce vanilla ready made frosting

Mix ingredients together in a microwave container and mircowave on high for 50 seconds. Stir and pour into dish. Chill and then cut into squares.

Try different variations with ready made frostings. Chocolate, etc...

I went to a tupperware party a few years ago around the first of December that was showing different recipes and such and this is one of the many they shared.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
These are my most requested cookie:

Creamy Caramel Cups Recipe

Shells:

6 oz. of cream cheese, softened

1 cup butter, softened

2 cups flour

Filling:

14 oz. bag of caramels

½ cup canned evaporated milk

Topping:

½ cup sugar

½ cup Crisco

1/3 cup canned evaporated milk

1 tsp. Vanilla

½ cup chopped nuts

1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
2. To prepare the shells, combine cream cheese, butter, and flour. Press into miniature cup pans to form a shell. Bake in preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes until light brown. Remove from pans.
3. To prepare filling, place the caramels and canned milk in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave about 8 to 10 minutes on medium power. Stir. Pour into prepared shells and let cool.
4. To prepare topping, combine sugar, Crisco, canned milk and vanilla in a bowl. Mix until fluffy. I use the whisk on my mixer to make it fluffy. Decorate cups as desired. I prefer a cake decorator. Sprinkle with chopped nuts, if desired.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Cookies 'n' Cream Fudge

16 chocolate cream filled sandwich cookies broken into chunks divided. (I like Oreos for this. I use a small food processor to crush them)
1 can (14 Ounces) sweetened condensed milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 2/3 cups vanilla chips
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Line an 8" square baking pan with aluminum foil, coat with nonstick cooking spray. Place half of the broken cookies in pan. In a heavy saucepan, combine milk, butter and chips, cook and stir over low heat until chips are melted. Remove from the heat, stir in vanilla. Pour over cookies in pan. Sprinkle with remaining cookies. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Yield: 3 dozen

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Chocolate fudge

This is the fudge I make each year (2 batches)

Chocolate Fudge
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup (5 fluid ounces) Carnation Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1 1/2 cups (9 ounces) semisweet chocolate morsels (chips)
1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts, optional
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Line an 8-inch square baking dish with either aluminum foil or waxed paper.

In a large saucepan, combine sugar, evaporated milk, butter, and salt. Over medium heat, bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Let boil, stirring constantly, for approximately 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from heat.

Stir in marshmallows, chocolate morsels, nuts, and vanilla extract. Stir vigorously for approximately 1 minutes or until marshmallows are completely melted.

Pour the fudge mixture into the prepared baking pan. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm. When firm, lift from pan and remove foil. Using a sharp knife, cut the fudge into squares.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Caramel cups...yummer.
You know, I recently had a crown and after they put it on they cold me I can't eat caramel candy anymore. I responded with...YOU SHOULD OF TOLD ME THAT BEFORE YOU PUT IT ON..LOL

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Snacktime Snowmen Treats

There are 2 ways to do these.

3/4 C creamy peanut butter
34 round butter flavored crackers
12 oz white candy coating (coarsley chopped)
34 MINIATURE Chocolate chips
9 pieces cany corn (cut in 1/2 length wise)
34 milk chocolate m&ms
1 tube of decorating gel

A Spread peanut butter on 1/2 the crackers, top with the rest of the crackers.
B In heavy saucepan, melt the white candy.
C Dip sandwich crackers until coated.
D Place on waxed paper.
E Immediatly position chocolate chips for eyes and mouths (like a snowman of course)
Add a candy corn 1/2 for the nose. Place an m&m on each side for ear muff, and use the decorating gel to connect the M&m's up over the top of head

Now for my way of doing this and #

Buy Ritz full size peanut butter cracker sandwiches.
On the day we melt white almond bark to dip pretzels in, we all so dip the Ritz and let the kids put the faces on (Item E above.) These don't usually last too long, REALLY GOOD!!! I mean geez who doesn't like a snowman right?

Last edited:

Grammyk

Retire Member
Jan 14, 2008
Butterscotch Dessert

1st layer
1C Walnuts
1C Flour
1 stick oleo
Mix and pat into 9X13 pan. Bake 20 minutes or until golden (350 degrees) Set aside and let cool.

2nd Layer
8oz cream cheese
1C Powdered sugar
1C coolwhip
Beat until spreading consistancy and spread over 1st layer.

3rd layer
2lg or 3 small pkg of instant butterscotch pudding. Mix by box directions for PIE. Pour over 2nd layer

Top with Cool Whip, Refrigerate covered.

I like to make the night before and then add cool whip the next morning for dinner.

Hasn't been a Christmas, Thanksgiving or Easter meal at my house since 1971 without this dessert being the guest of honor. Really have to watch it, or someone sneaks into it before meal time.

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Berry sundaes with white chocolate sauce

Mmmmm... love the chocolate sauce!!

2 tbs caster sugar
2 x 250g punnets strawberries, hulled and sliced
200g raspberries
2 litres vanilla ice cream
300ml cream (not too thick as you'll need to pour it)
250g (finely) chopped white chocolate

For the white chocolate sauce, place cream in a saucepan and bring almost to the boil. Remove from heat, add chocolate and stir until it's smooth and melted. Transfer the sauce to a jug then refrigerate.

Process the sugar and 1/2 the strawberries in a food processor until smooth.

To serve, place a few raspberries and a few remaining sliced strawberries in the base of a dessert glass. Top with scoops of ice-cream and a few more berries. Drizzle with a little strawberry sauce and white chocolate sauce. Repeat with remaining berries, ice-cream and sauces in 5 more glasses.

:)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
My niece shared this earlier, it sounds yummy...

If you like pineapple here's a good treat for you...take one 16oz can of crushed pineapples and a box of angel food cake mix (dry)...mix the two together and fill cupcake papers half full and bake on 350 degrees. This makes a lot of cupcakes...they are so fluffy and light...you can't eat just one. We eat them without an iccing.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
WEEK THREE WINNER.....MinnieCo

Congratulations....send me your name and address.

Sorry for the delay with prizes...life has been hectic!