Week Eighteen - New Year's

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Fun

Tidy up the end of the year.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My list for the week:

plan New Year's Eve menu - DONE
write thank you notes - DONE
set up 2015 calendars - DONE
take down inside decorations - DONE
do a holiday debriefing - DONE
finish writing out 2015 goals - DONE
write out Rudy plans for 2015 - DONE

Last edited:

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I have a whole timeline for the next few days to follow. Then starting Jan. 2nd I'll be doing like Mel :

set up 2015 calendars
take down inside decorations
do a holiday debriefing
finish writing out 2015 goals
write out Rudy plans for 2015

:) :)

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I have unplugged all the lights and trees except for the main one. I still have the lights coming on on the balcony and front door. Also I have started taking down some of my decorations. Each day a little more will come down and get packed away. I'm going to a friend's house for New Years. Need to decide what dish I want to take.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This weeks goals:
work on 2015 calendar transfer
holiday debriefing
set 2015 goals
take down fresh greenery
Slowly put away the decorations

Our tree won't be picked up until after Jan. 6th so I'll keep the lights on the tree until the night before.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am slowly taking down the decorations. The big stuff will come down on New Year's Day.

Goals for 2015 are done and some Rudy Day plans.

NYE menu is planned - I will do the grocery shopping tomorrow night.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Trying to put the house back in order. Got a dent in it yesterday. Christmas puppy came a week early so the house was a WRECK the entire week before Christmas and of course right after Christmas. The only time it looked nice enough for visitors was early December and for the wee hours between Christmas Eve and Christmas morning (which was after all the visitors). So pretty much all the visitors saw was a wreck. Head-smack. Oh well. Next year will be better -- when I don't have a little terrorist running around at my feet. She's pretty cute though.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Things are getting done around here.

I have everything done on my list except write thank you cards. The kids and I will do that this weekend.

I was hoping to get the outdoor lights and decorations put away, but it is supposed to be quite cold. I guess it will have to wait.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Everything is down and packed in the totes (finished a day early than planned). I keep walking around the apartment though, making sure that I haven't missed anything. :D Will wait til tomorrow just to be sure I got everything before they go into the closet.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I've been knocked down for the last few days with a sinus headache and congestion. I just got the calendar transferred for this upcoming week.

The family rallied around me and helped with taking the decorations down. I did leave a few white lights up on the mantle and the wreaths outside. It makes me smile when I see them during these bleak winter days. I'm sure I'll have a few stray decorations appear too.

I'll work on the rest when I'm up to it.

Thanks for posting your lists, everyone. It was great encouragement these last few months.

Mary

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished dedecorating! took down Christmas curtains and ironed and put the regular ones up. dh is now taking the boxes & tree downstairs. ouff! I really do ALOT! Got rid of 2 gold pearl garlands

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Tree is down. Working on the boxes. Rethinking my ornament boxes. Might need to re-work these in July. Tempted to change my multiple boxes with individual compartments to one big box and put them all in there. That is how I took down the ornaments this year and it went SO fast. If I was less disciplined I would just close the box and drag out that same box next year. Thinking....maybe my OCD when it comes to packing my decorations is just adding hours to my tree going up and tree going down. How much damage really happens to them once they are in the attic anyway? None.