Week Eleven - Food Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Have the info printed now to put it into action.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
What a day - I got so much done I can't even believe it!!

All the walls have been washed and all the touch up paint is done. The kitchen has been deep cleaned and I deep cleaned the back room of the house that we use to get to the back yard.

I am so happy that this is all done!!

There is still more to do, so my helpers will be left with a list while I am at work.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mel, that's fantastic!

I've been working on eating from the freezer and organizing our basement freezer for the last couple of weeks. This has been a real busy season that should slow down by next weekend.

This week I want to read the grocery ads for sales. I'd like to stock up on gravy, seasonal canned goods, baking needs, etc. I'd like to organize my baking shelf and clean my refrigerator.

Mary

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
woohoo Mel!!

Food-storage area have all been cleaned out. I am now in the food-making stretch!

I also need to address cards and continue some crafting. I am making a felt doll to put in a tin can (like an altoid) with a magnetic Christmas tree in it too.
Need to continue online shopping too.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Mel that is awesome! Don't you just LOVE it when you have a day like that?! What a load off! :) I'm late getting here this week. Dealing with estate taxes and crawling to the end of the soccer season this weekend (4 games!!!).

TO DO THIS WEEK:
Declutter Food Storage -- oh I thought I as late. Yaaaayyy! Right on time!
Spice Check - Just replaced most the holiday ones. Gotta check Turkey spices.
Print final shopping list and time-line for Thanksgiving
Finalize shopping list for Gluten-free Holiday treats

NEED TO CATCH-UP:
Check smoke detectors
Clean Woodstove Flue & troubleshoot any potential flying sparks when opening door.
Review Household Emergency Plan - we do have one.
Plant 3 trees before it snows!

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This week, I have been able to get a lot of things done. It feels so good to see a difference in the rooms.

I cleaned the first floor carpets. My daughter's toy area got cleaned. I dropped off a box of gently used clothes, toys and books to a good cause. I organized the kitchen some more. Front porch and back patio were swept. Mudroom closet was cleaned out and organized.

Dh and I worked on making our Thanksgiving shopping list. I still have to go through the grocery circulars and see what to stock up on.

I hope everyone else is having a good week!

Mary

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Great job, Mary!!

I made the list of what I will bake for the holidays and put the needed ingredients on the grocery list.

I have a HUGE garbage bag and a box of donations that will get dropped off on Saturday.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I got the pantry cleaned out this afternoon, still have to do the fridge - I HATE that job.

I put two more bags of donations in the car to get dropped off tomorrow.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
WTG Mel! getting stuff out of the house is the easiest way to the cleaning afterwards.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I ordered another gift online last night and bought two more today. I also bought some stocking stuffers.

My shopping is just about done!!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a big pack of breakfast sausages cooked & frozen afterwards. Made 76 meatballs that I also froze. Made a datte square recipe too to be frozen.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
It sounds like everyone had a productive week. I never got to the grocery store or cleaned out the refrigerator. My parents are redoing their basement and needed some help with painting, woodworking, hanging doors, etc. this weekend. I hope to catch up this week.

Mary