Week Fifteen - Final Clean Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
In holiday prep, we'll finish gift shopping, complete gift wrapping, plan Christmas dinner, mail Christmas cards and bring home the ultimate seasonal symbol: the Christmas tree. Celebration ahead!

Although i haven't been able to stay on track with the plan the last few weeks I started going through room by room today to do the top to bottom clean, vacuum, dusting and polishing. This morning I tackled the kitchen, breakfast room, and grandkids room. This afternoon is the two front bathrooms, master bedroom and dining room.

The only shopping left is the candy for the stockings and prime rib rack for Christmas Day.

I did get our 9' Christmas tree decorated at home and 3 more done for the restaurant. I have one more left to do for outdoors here.

We did not do Christmas cards this year. I love the picture cards and DH was so busy at the restaurant that I couldn't get him away to take the picture.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My list for the week:

- write last two Christmas cards
- wrap gifts for grandparents
- mail package to grandparents
- buy stocking stuffers for kids
- wrap gifts
- bake

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids got the gifts for the grandparents done. I just have to bring home a box from work, so can get everything packed and sent out in the mail.

I finished the last two cards and will mail them when we send the package.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Finished the last of decorating yesterday & dh put the outside lights.
Need to finish the wrapping, and start baking!
Want to work on my Christmas journal too.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The package and cards are ready to mailed. I will take them to the post office tomorrow after work.

I have two gift cards to pick up as well and I will make a batch of fudge tomorrow night.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The package and cards have been mailed and I picked up the two gift cards I need.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Final House Clean -- DONE.

Wrapping -- Happening today through next week while kids are at school. Wrapping today. Goal to be done by next Thursday.

Update Lists -- Sneaky DH & DD threw in some surprises when they saw Santa (I'm sure to trip me up!). :-o Re-working the plan a bit!

Plan Christmas menu. -- Pretty much know what I'm doing.

Make a simple menu plan for Christmas week.

Mail Christmas cards or holiday letters. -- Planning to do these this weekend.

Make an under-tree "emergency box". -- DONE.

Out of state box mailed. -- Missing 2 items for the box.

Prime Rib - Today is Wednesday and the newspaper circulars come out. Will check to see who has the best deal.

Holiday Movies -- Checking TV Guide to see which movies need to be recorded. Many run next week.

The Unexpected -- There is always something that happens and the unexpected certainly happened. (To another family). Time is being spent to help so juggling the best I can to stay on track.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Cindylouwho - what is an under-tree emergency box?

Ran errands today and got lots of missing stuff. will wrap this afternoon and watch another Christmas movie.
Next weekend is devoted to cooking... and regular housechores.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Cindylouwho - what is an under-tree emergency box?

In mine I keep all the little stuff I will need to Christmas morning -- the scissors and such to open presents, a pocket knife, the video camera, the extra camera battery, a notepad and pencil to note gifts from relatives, a flashlight for any last minute raids to the tree... ;-) Problem is mine is a little red canvas basket box and the cats love it! Doh!

How is it already time to pick up the kids? Woke up in the middle of the night and am just not firing on all cylinders today. But got my remaining list broken out by destination so I can get much done out there tomorrow. It will be insane this weekend so gotta get it on the weekdays! Running out to the mailbox to grab those circulars!

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am done baking and don't plan on doing anymore.

The card for the guitar teacher has been written out and the gift card has been placed inside. DS will give it to his teacher at his lesson tomorrow night.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Ah Mel I envy that you are done with the baking! You seem to be getting along fine. Is BigJ still in the picture?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My shopping is done!!

I got the kids' stocking stuffers after work and I am finished.

Yay!!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
HappytobeMe -- You're done? Woo-Hoo!! Way to go! High Five!!

I am almost there -- got most everything nailed down in the last 2 days. Now I just gotta cross-check my Excel spreadsheet and make sure I'm not missing anything. Amazon packages are still coming in but I have all next week planned for wrapping. DH's gifts I will do with the kids when they get out of school for winter break.

This weekend is Christmas Letter writing and packing Grampa's box to mail on Monday, which will go by air regardless so that is my deadline date from the post office.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Gifts are bought & wrapped (missing some gc but will get them this week. Stockings are filled and all wrapped. Baking is done. Cards are mailed (3 left because I'm waiting for the adresses). Ham is cooked & chopped for sandwiches.
Almost there!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I had a really productive week. I got everything done except the wrapping. I will work on that in the afternoons when I get home from work.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Stockings filled and locked away -- and a couple missing items noted. (Forgot the nailpolish!) Presents starting to appear under tree (we hide the big ones to allow for the "surge" on Christmas morning). Kids were rattling the presents as soon as they got home from school! :)