Week Four - Close to Home

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My tasks for this week:

The kids keep their rooms fairly clean and we did repaint them this year, so the only thing that needs to be done is mopping the floors.

Seasonal spruce up - no big jobs here. I need to get the rain barrels emptied and stored away and I want to hose out the carport.

Christmas cards - I will get started on making them this week.

Now that the cooler weather is here, it is time to change my bedding. My room is in the basement, so I need my warmer sheets and blankets.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Man, did I drop the ball last week...like I fell off the face of the Earth. So, this weeks tasks are back in the bedroom and master closet. If I have time, the kids and I will declutter their closets after school this week.

I need to look at the Holiday tasks...feel behind.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Both kids' rooms have been deep-cleaned (except closets). I don't follow the schedule but I keep on going.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Great job Lucie and Mel. We'll, I've been working in the master closet. I ended up with extra shoe boxes, so I decided to save them for boxes at Christmas. I went to store them in an extra closet, where I thought I'd have to move the three plush (larger size stuffed) elves. Guess what? The elves aren't there. Seems they really have gotten into mischief without me...hope I can find them. I've not noticed them anywhere around the house. My DS (13) probably hid them so I wouldn't do that silly "Christmas elf" stuff again this year.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We got the rain barrels emptied and put away for the winter. I won't get the carport hosed out until later in the week as we are supposed to get rain tomorrow.

I got my Thanksgiving cards made and have added put away summer clothes and accessories to my list.

How is everyone doing so far this week?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Summer is OVER in my neck of the woods, so I packed away all the summer clothes and shoes.

One more thing crossed of my list!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Nancy - it sure got cold fast, didn't it? Crazy!!

DS and I headed outside after I got home from work and got a lot done.

We got the carport cleaned out, the screen door washed, my Fall wreath hung and the Fall welcome mat put out. We shut the water off outside and put the hoses away in the shed and we covered the AC unit with a tarp.

DS is hoping the mowing we do this weekend will be the last of the year, but I am not so sure.

I still have a few more things to get done on this week's list - good thing I have a couple more days.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I didn't get everything done on my list, so will have to add a few things to next week's list.

How did everyone do this week?

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Working on the outdoors this weekend (inside too!). Hedge is cut, some windows are washed, stuff is almost all put away (keeping a few things for a few weeks as my parents will be coming the next 2 weekends).

I'm sure we are doing better than most people :).... I have to work on getting fits though!