Week Fourteen - Storage

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I am glad I have some extra time to work on things this week.

I have finished all the decorating and the storage areas have been organized.

I have some unfinished tasks to get done, here is my list:

1. Create chore checklist based on my days off
2. Finish planning holiday baking
3. Holiday baking
4. Make one more batch of fudge and batch of cookies to be mailed
5. Wrap presents that need to be mailed
6. Mail package

Here's to a busy week.

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have written out my chore checklist for the 5 days that I am off at Christmas (December 22 - 26)

I have finished planning what I am baking.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
In the throws of it here. DH is tearing apart the living room (working on the hearth) as fast as I can put it together. He always waits til the holidays to work get the house projects finished and it really stresses me out having my house torn apart at the holidays. Alas, this has been going on for years. It is only Dec 5th. Is anyone else freaking out about the time? I want all this done so I can ENJOY the holidays rather than fight them.

Breathe Breathe Breathe. It will all be perfect in a few days. Breathe.

This hurricane is going to be done by Friday night before the guests arrive.

And isn't it amazing how many "other things" pop up during the holidays that need your time when you have done your best to clear the calendar? The frustration (yet also a blessing) of being a wife and a mom!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Storage week:
•Status check. This week, review where you stand with holiday prep. Crafts projects and homemade gifts should be finished soon; check for any missing catalog or online orders. Will everything arrive in time? Only craft project I want to do is Christmas art journal. If I have time I'll think of something else but not an obligation.
•Begin family Advent observances. Advent begins on Sunday; begin family observances now. Not doing this
•Invite a Magic Elf to visit. Will a magic elf visit your home this year? Check out this simple, sweet family tradition. The elves arrived yesterday... they come about once a week with a simple gift.
•Complete holiday decorating. Inside and out, work to create a lovely holiday home. Try to complete decorating chores by week's end so you can relax and enjoy the season. Will get done this weekend - tree needs trimming & nativity village needs to be done.
•Finish gift shopping. It's time! Complete gift shopping this week. aarrrggg! been wanting to stop by the store for the last 2 weeks but dh is with me and he doesn,t want too!! I have to go ... hopefully tomorrow? (fingers crossed).
•Wrap gifts as they are purchased. Every little bit helps, so wrap ahead where possible--you'll avoid a long, rushed session of "get-it-done" gift wrapping! Will wrap more this weekend
•Package send-away gifts for mailing. Mail deadlines loom! Be ready to mail send-away gifts by the end of the week. None
•Mail domestic gifts. Just say "no!" to lines at the post office; visit USPS.Com to purchase postage, print shipping labels and arrange for carrier pick-up with the Click-n-Ship program--all from the convenience of home! None
•Order the Christmas ham, roast or poultry. Your meat market will thank you for ordering before the rush! DH needs to call his aunt so she can prepare the 'tourtiere' for Dec 31st.

To add to the list:
- Start baking!!!!!
- Mail Christmas cards

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I am calm now. The last of my party guests just left. The house indeed was done -- right down to 30 minutes before the first guest arrived. Hearth complete and a fire burning (High five to DH!). Tree done (High five to the kids!). Boxes away. Platters set out. And now they are all gone and I have a house all clean and wonderfully set for the holidays. Whew! What a stresser that party is -- but it is always so much fun and boy does it force the projects to get done!

Getting ourselves cleaned up now and we are headed to town to see Santa and all the Christmas festivities. Amazon orders are arriving periodically. Love Amazon -- they have their elves working around the clock so I can relax! :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
This week didn't exactly go as planned - big surprise.

I didn't get much baking done, I will get there.

The package didn't get ready or mailed. I will be working on that this week.

I did get the baking done and the last present bought for the package, so I just need to get it all wrapped and decide what size box I need to sent it in. I will have to find one at work.