Week Seven - Bedding & Bath

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, we are entering the third week of my family dealing with nasty colds. I'm behind from the other weeks and I'll just try to catch up here and there.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
My lists for the week:

Household Checklist:
- organize linen closet - DONE
- deep clean 2 bathrooms - DONE
- wash light fixtures - DONE
- wash floors - DONE
- organize bathroom drawers - DONE

Holiday Prep Checkist:
- check expiry dates on all meds - DONE
- make list of what needs to be restocked - DONE
- go thru first aid kit - DONE
- work on Christmas cards
- decorate inside for Halloween - DONE

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did do some serious catch up again on Saturday and I'm feeling good now. I straightened up the laundry room and finally got my craft room picked up as well. I just had a bunch of stuff to put away and had used it as a dropping ground for everything else the last two months, so I'm happy to report it's pretty much cleared out and ready for a good dusting.

I haven't checked this weeks list yet, so I'm off to do that.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Way to go, Michelle!!!

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
When I cleaned out the closet so DH could put Elfa storage racks in it I removed all my table linens. Now I cannot find them!

Does anyone know where they are? I can't organize what I can't find!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
A bit to do this week for me but not too much.
The linen closet is pretty good. I have some new towels and sheets to get sorted. Which means that the old towels need to be moved to the puppy towels/ cleaning/ floor wiping towels. The old cleaning towels need to go. Because we live at the beach and DS swims a lot we also have a lot of beach towels- these need to be sorted out. Some older ones will be turned into puppy towels.

The bathrooms are pretty good. It is mostly my bathroom that needs organising. I tend to be a bit of a 'beauty junkie'. So I have lotions, potions and everything in between. I need to sort them out and throw the stuff that is old or that I don't actually use- which just clutters my bathroom.

I need to check supplies of sun screen- we use heaps of the stuff, I tend to buy in bulk on sale and I will need to keep an eye out for the ones that we like. DS tends to like the spray on variety that can go on wet skin- it is good but we can easily go through a bottle a week. Getting it on sale makes sense when we use so much!

Christmas Prep is going pretty well. I have added a few new ornament already this year. I need to get some more ribbon to trim with- going to order from aliexpress. Also some small gold bells to trim gifts with. Have been adding to the pantry already so need to check what I have bought and to compare it to my want/ need list.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I deep cleaned the master bathroom this morning and I am planning on doing the main bathroom tomorrow.

I organized the linen closet, went through the first aid kit and the bin where we keep meds - I checked all the dates and had to throw a few things out. I added needed items to my grocery list and will make sure they get stocked up on my next shopping trip.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My bathrooms are in pretty good shape with FlyLady. Decluttered the Master Bath when I did the rest of the Master. Table linens is another thing. I swore last year I was going to up my game on the holiday linens as the holiday photos don't look that great when the table isn't as dressed up as everyone sitting at it. I got some Holiday linens at the sales in January so will have to look and see what I bought. Can't remember now.

Bed and Bath Week (10/13/6/2014)

Declutter & organize Linen Closet -- and nail down the holiday tablescape.
Organize Bathrooms & start stocking up on bathroom basics
-- good for flu season too.
Set up a wrap and mail center. -- Need to order tape refills for my wrist tape dispensers.
Speed mailing chores with an account from USPS.Com. -- Unlikely.
Buy, wrap and package overseas gifts for mailing next week. -- Check actual deadlines.
Begin shopping holiday bazaars--or swaps.
Divide the Christmas card list into five sections. Complete Section 4 this week. Goal: to be all done with cards by November 15.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
Doing major catch up this week, things have just gotten out of control. Extra things at work and being away from home over fall break means the house has fallen apart. I hope to fix that todY, grabbing my timer!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Traveling over the weekend. Got my table linens sorted out. Yes indeedy, I DO need a new tablecloth for thanksgiving so put that on my list but I have the other items to go on top of it. And the Christmas tablescape is all ready to go. Threw wrist tape dispensers in my Amazon shopping cart.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Both the bathrooms have been deep cleaned!!

I hate cleaning bathrooms, so very happy this is done.

Everything else is done for me this week except working on Christmas cards. I don't want to fall behind with this task.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
bought a new box to put all 'first-aid' articles in.. bigger than the one I had so all is in that nice box - put a hanging tag on 'first aid'... looks nice

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The box sounds nice, Lucie.

My first aid kit is a large plastic toolbox. It holds everything and doesn't look too bad.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Mel I put the pictures in the community pictures. can't seem to be able to put them here

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I just saw the pictures.

I love it!!!

The box is so cute and the perfect size to hold everything!!

Smart girl!!