Week Six - Wardrobe Week

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Morning Mel!

Well, this week isn't too hard for me actually. Mainly because I always declutter the wardrobes when I put the winter items away and get out the summer ones. For me that's the beginning of November. We're still getting the odd chilly day/morning here so too early just yet :)

So, for me this week is mainly thinking about what the family will wear for Christmas. My mum has already bought the girl's dresses. I will be looking at new PJ's for each for Christmas Eve (I like to get them new pj's every Christmas - they are growing quickly, so they're generally due for new ones, and the added bonus is nice matching pj's for the Christmas morning photos!)

I have a gift suggestion list for each family member already - can always add to it if I think of anything though.

Secret Santa ideas? Well... I do need to talk to my mum and sister about the secret santa this year. There isn't much interest with the extended family this year, so I'm considering having the family get together without the secret santa part. Must consider some venues for the exchange as well. It will most likely be a park or a beach. Possibly a park next to a beach LOL!

Christmas Cards - Ahhhh!!! I STILL have not bought my cards!!! I have seen some that I really like already - but must get to ordering them!! Also, rather then doing a few a week, I'll be getting together with my mum and sister for a card writing evening. That way we get them all done in one evening, and make a little party out of it :)

That's it from me for HHP this week. Not much really, but I'm sure the HGP tasks (Kid's rooms - oh boy...) will keep me more then occupied :)

Have a great day everyone!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Working on everyone's wardrobes has already been keeping me busy.

It seems everyone has outgrown or worn out something.

I will be rechecking my list of items needed and keep an eye on the sales.

I will be making sure the clothes closets are in order and check on the laundry room.

I still haven't started my Christmas cards - why does this happen every year??

Now, I have 9 to make this week - ARGH!!!

Last edited:

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
count me into the havn't started cards yet group. I bought the blank ones but that's it! Need to play w/ the idea I saw that is very basic and simple making it nice. It will take no time at all to make if I figure it out.

As for clothes I also sort as I go w/ the kids but need to see what we have for Christmas photos.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
I too declutter when I put away the clothes for the new season. I'm doing well in this area for now. have to do DS's though. DD does hers regularly. DH has to do his but he's got a hard time giving things away.

Christmas cards - bought except for the smaller kids I need to make tags. I also need to ask SIL to bring me some boxes. Last year I had 1 box per kid & filled it up with their gifts as soon as they were bought. it helped alot to know what I had for whom.

kringle

Premiere Member
Sep 9, 2011
Hi, all. I'm back home so here's my list. Have a great day!

HHP
[x]declutter and organize all closets
[x]choose photo outfits
[]start planning vacation clothes
[]choose holiday outfits
[x]clear out the coat closet
[x]clean laundry room
[x]organize sewing supplies
[]put together guest baskets
[]put together travel kits
[]buy some of the WoW gifts
[]start addressing cards
[]restart rough draft on Christmas letter
[]mix up one batch of cookie dough
[]make one batch of chicken & rice casserole
[]buy canned goods
[]gather gifts for wrapping party Sat

Last edited:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I popped in a Christmas CD, sat down at my work space and got the 9 cards made!!

I am so happy they are done!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The coat closet is clean!!

I wiped everything down, vacuumed the boot trays and the closet floor.

Summer shoes, hats, etc. have been put away. Everyone's fall and winter coats are hanging up.

Once it gets cold and the snow comes I will put in boots, hats, gloves, etc.

How is everyone doing?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The laundry room is done.

I decrapified and cleaned the big shelving unit in the laundry room. The kids were a big help.

I am happy that all of this week's tasks are done before the weekend.