Week Sixteen - Nearly There

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
We are almost there, everyone.

Not much time left before the big day and even though I am a bit behind in my preparations, I am not worrying about it.

My tasks for this week:

- start and finish wrapping gifts
- finalize Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menus
- shop for menu items
- give card/gift card to massage therapist at appointment this week

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We are going to my parents' for Christmas, so I have to prep clothes & make sure I don't forget to bring any gifts.

I have a few gift cards to go buy and that is it.
Gifts are all wrapped. 2 cards need to be mailed (waiting to get the right adresses), baking is done.

Need to prep list for menu for 30 and 31st, will start to finalize list of spending for gifts 2013.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I finally got the wrapping started, but didn't get it finished. I will do more tomorrow.

DD got the gifts for her co-workers ready to be given tomorrow.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Finishing things up today and tomorrow. Picked up the nailpolish stuffers last night. Wish real life would stop so I could focus 100 percent on Christmas. Had a new "obligation" added to my list that is sucking up time these past two weeks. Life happens - so next year I'm going to say NO to that obligation.

End of year financial forms are due for me too and I'm trying to wrap those up so my holiday is clear.

DD wants to bake cookies today for the teachers and I'm trying to breathe as I really don't have time for that if I want things done by the time school gets out tomorrow for the holidays. :-O But what is the point of doing all this ahead if I still don't have time for that -- I mean that is important to her! Argh!

Christmas being on a Tuesday is making things feel a little tight for me. Usually it is later in the following week after school lets out (next year isn't much better. It's on a Wednesday).

Will hustle this morning on the non-Christmas stuff so I can make time for those cookies.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I still haven't finished the wrapping. I swear, I will never let it get this late again.

The card and gift card for my massage therapist were given today and DD took the gifts for her co-workers.

I will work on the Christmas Eve and Christmas Day menu plan this evening.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The kids and I sat down this evening and made out our menu for Christmas Eve dinner, Christmas Day breakfast and Christmas Day dinner.

I will go through all of the grocery store flyers tomorrow and finalize my shopping list.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
DONE! Except for yesterday's items to wrap I picked up the last items yesterday before I picked up my kids from school for winter break. I was just dumbfounded standing in the middle of Target realizing I didn't need anything. It was the strangest feeling and I absolutely had to post about it. I had set the deadline for exactly that moment and HIT IT! I love that! (Now next year I'm going to make that moment a week earlier since Christmas is on a Tuesday and I'm used to having a whole week free with the kids before the big day).

Taking DD to American Girl today as it has become a tradition to go look at all the outfits (though now she's thinking ahead to what her own daughter will want -- in about 20 years!). DS is with his buddies today.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Great job, Cindylouwho!!

I am going to get the wrapping finished today and the Christmas grocery shopping done!!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
The grocery shopping was done this morning and we have everything we need for our holiday meals.

I just got the wrapping done and will never let it get done this late again!!