Week Ten - Cooking Space

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
My favorite area!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Diedra - I am looking forward to this area as well. When we moved in here things got put wherever they fit and I am finding lots of things that aren't working.

Household Checklist:
- wash kitchen wall - DONE
- clean light fixtures - DONE
- clean/organize cupboards - DONE
- clean/organize drawers - DONE

Holiday Prep Checklist:
- organize holiday recipes - DONE
- plan holiday baking - DONE
- start master grocery list - DONE

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Kitchen this week:
Wash floor
Clean oven
Wipe down counter, cabinets, walls, wood work

Holiday Prep:
Cards
Organize my recipes better
Plan Thanksgiving Menu and review Christmas cookies
Inventory serving dishes for Thanksgiving
Look for citron again.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I did a deep clean not to long ago, but there is always room for that. NO matter how many times I do it, I can always find something to toss or organize. My pantry is in dire need before the holidays, so that will be a priority.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
I'm looking forward to the kitchen, I know things can work better in here.

I hope to start wrapping presents this week too.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Week 10 - Cooking Space Week (11/3/2014)

Declutter any hot spots in the kitchen - (like the homework stack that ends up here).
Wipe down/ dust out drawers
Organize holiday recipes.
Plan Thanksgiving menu.
Plan holiday baking.
Buy containers for freezer meals, baked goods or kitchen gifts.
Order Thanksgiving turkey.
Contemplate Christmas desserts
Steam mop the floors (vs regular mop)
Jar up the dry mixes for Banana Bread and Pumpkin Bread -- DS has been begging for this

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Okay, it's DWTS time on Tv, but I'm going to challenge myself to do a cabinet during commercials. I'll check back in, here in a few. ;)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
This week I have been focusing on Thanksgiving dinner, stocking stuffers and the new puppy we have coming for Christmas (arrives the day after which is good since she will likely wreck the place). It is a surprise. The kids miss our last dog terribly (we lost her a year ago) and keep asking when we are getting another. The litter we are choosing from is just a week old, and we have waited a long time as we wanted a puppy from a specific dog.

Today is my day to work on the kitchen since we have been out and about quite a bit this week and the kitchen looks it.

Bought all the candy for the stocking stuffers and have it tucked away. Now just need the special items to add in.

Went to the Thanksgiving sampler at Whole Foods last night (an Organic grocery store chain) as I was planning on ordering their turkey this year to give myself a break from being in the kitchen all day. My friend did this last year and got the play with her family all day long instead of being in the kitchen and that sounds WONDERFUL. DD and DS came with me. DS tasted his turkey and sat there in huge disappointment. *Sigh* I guess I'm not ordering it. The turkey wasn't bad really, it just wasn't something "special". Apparently I'm back in the kitchen all day as usual -- but the kids did offer to help more. ;) As a plus for Whole Foods though, the spinach, potatoes and pecan pie were all quite good. Didn't try the stuffing since we are gluten free.

Will be hauling out the recipes this weekend. Gotta get on it. And gotta find my motivation to do my regular housecleaning. Is anyone else dragging this week? I think Halloween took it out of me! And I'm not feeling Christmas'y yet. Got-to-keep-moving during the lull cuz I know in 3 weeks it will be CRAZY.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Yippie!!! Hey Ladies. My computer's been in the fritz for the pass two weeks. Finally I'm back on line. Although I haven't been able to get on here, I have been keeping up with the countdown.

I have my Thanksgiving menu decided on and tomorrow I am getting up early and heading to the stores to start purchasing some of my ingredients. I've gone through my spices and seasonings and added to my list what needs to be replaced.

My fridge and freezer have been completely emptied out and cleaned. Only thing in the freezer is two trays of icecubes. LOL

Glad to be back! :)

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Glad you are back, aggy. Sounds like you have been busy!!

I got my kitchen drawers and cupboards cleaned and organized this evening.

I moved a few things around and am happy with the results. I have a small bag for donation that I will drop off tomorrow.

Now, I can work on my baking list and master grocery list.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have done pretty well. Reorganised a few things and found more cupboard space.

I still have a couple of shelves to go but I will get it done by the end of the weekend. These ones are just pretty much tidying and wiping them out- not much to get rid of in the last couple.

Pretty much on track with Christmas prep. I have a really busy week next week so will not get a lot done then- I need to review my planner and make sure that all is good. I have blocked out time to write all y cards next Friday/ Sat so they can go into the mail Monday 17th for international and the 27th for local ones.

Doodlebug

MHH Member
Jan 11, 2010
Oklahoma
I have a couple of cabinets to go through and clean out.
Then to re-organize the pantry.

Will go through recipes and get the pantry stocked ahead of time.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I finished everything on my list for the week - finally.

I have made the list of what I am baking and a master grocery list of what ingredients I need.

Now, I have to get the ingredients bought!!