Week Thirteen: Dining Room

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
This week I am hoping to-do (Dining Room):

Fill nail holes in the molding and mantle
Prime the molding and mantle
Paint the molding and fireplace mantle
Hang dining room curtains
Clean out sideboard drawers

Order flooring for dining room, including an area rug for under diningroom table? ~Still debating on this~

On other projects:
continue work on storm windows, storm door and entrance kitchen door

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
We're on the Dining Room already??!! AGH!!!

This week, I am aiming to just keep on top of things. I managed to get a lot of wrapping done over the weekend, I bought the inners for the 5 cushions in IKEA, we got the things for DD's room there too, and I managed to sort through the sideboard in the sitting room (on my list for quite a while, I just never get to it). I also spent a couple of hours in the storage unit on Sat, sorting things for the bin, charity/selling and a couple of things to bring home for DD to play with (toys I'd had when I was younger) or to re-gift (like a lovely glass bowl we just don't have space for).

So this week, my aim is to write my cards, sort through the dining room sideboard (ugh, WHAT a chaotic mess) and try to find some quiet time to get the last of the IMPORTANT crafts for gifts finished. Oh, and locate the advent calendar so that we can start to fill it for DD (things to do and small things like jigsaws and crafts ideas mostly, with just a few days of a sweet as a treat).

And I need to figure out what to do about having a turkey dinner on Thursday even though we won't be off here. I'll see if I can find a few turkey steaks and roast them quickly tied in pairs with stuffing (from freezer) in between each pair.

Wings

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Order flooring for dining room, including an area rug for under diningroom table? ~Still debating on this~

Just ask yourself if you want to be keeping that rug clean. They look so nice in designer magazines but those people are not the ones doing the clean up.

I know once you get the molding done you will be so proud of yourself.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
The dinning room in my house will be easy. I have a table, six chairs, a patio door and the floor around the area. The rest of the room is the kitchen so I can not do that area. lol