Week Two - Calendar & Creativity

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I don't have that much to do this week, so I am going to use the extra time to work on stuff I found in my "Pending" file last week.

To do this week:

clear off my work table
organize my craft drawers
put all of my card making supplies together
create a seasonal calendar
review gift lists

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
Ok, so this will be a big week for me. I have a lot to clean out of my craft room. It is in a room of the garage and has been accumulating some stuff.

My free time this week will be spent on this, as well as a few projects that I need to do for this weekend.

Have a great week everyone!

~ Farmerswife

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
One good thing is we do not have a lot of social activities that need to be scheduled.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Diedra I have these upcoming social activities:
Labor Day (October) - will have guests all 3-day weekend and dh will be doing MIL's roof if the temperature permits
1 weekend in September in a camp with 5 other couples
1 weekend beginning of October where we will go on a train ride and I will have guests the whole weekend.
but usually at this time of year it is less busy.

This week I'll be working in dd's bedroom. Not exactly following the plan but trying to continue my deep-cleaning.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I have my calendar done and most of my lists already done so....

I have the gift list left. I still have a the mean left on my list. A homemade gifts just don't work for men very well (at least not mine). I have already done throw quilts and scarves for them in previous years. I am in trouble!!!

I have started physical therapy so I have to devote a lot of my time to doing my exercises. Priority #1!!!

My house is already deep cleaned so I don't have very many cleaning jobs at all this entire pre-holiday season.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I have started physical therapy so I have to devote a lot of my time to doing my exercises. Priority #1!!!

My house is already deep cleaned so I don't have very many cleaning jobs at all this entire pre-holiday season.

Carrie,

Good for you for having the deep cleaning already done. I hope the physical therapy goes well.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
My craft room is a disaster of epic proportions. With all of the seasonal decorations to be done at the restaurant I'm still thinking of moving the majority of the decorations there, since that is primarily where I'll be using them.

I seriously need to work on my seasonal calendar. My seasonal calendar will be a bit different from most. Because our lives evolve around our business I need to combine all of it since one is contingent upon the other.

I've already begun placing new decorating ideas into my One Note 2013 Holiday Planner. Of course I have to schedule time to actually turn those decorating ideas into reality. No travel plans during the holidays I'm hoping.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
I printed out the calendars and realize that I have a lot of stuff to put down - friends visiting, Hanukkah party, at least one camping trip/rally.

Otherwise will continue to work on my room and the computer room where I store some of my crafting stuff.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yes, those calendars do help.

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
My crafting area is an Ikea desk and bookshelf on the large landing at the top of the stairs. Some files were there and I moved them to discover something both good and bad. The good news is that my craft ( scrap booking is all I do) is in tip top shape! The bad news??? It's like that because I have not scrap booked one thing since I organized it during the second week of HHP last year. I mean, haven't touched the desk area other than throw the files there. That has depressed me. I'm not a technological person. One of my children will have to help me get pictures from the computer onto printed paper so that I can scrapbook them. I should look on the bright side...it's ready for me to get to work.

I'm going to start work on my gift ideas list and inventory my gift closet (storage boxes under the bed)

Have a productive week everyone. I look forward to reading your accomplishments.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I got a few things done this evening, they didn't take too long.

I got my work table all cleared off - it has never looked so clean. I organized my craft supplies as well as a couple of drawers full of school supplies and all my card marking supplies are together in one place.

How is everyone doing so far this week?

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
I use a big family calendar in the kitchen - color coded by person. I printed off Sept-January for my NB and have started to note holiday events as the flyers and emails come in.

We have a small wooden bar (like a mini buffet) in my dining room where I store wrapping paper, tags, bows, tape etc. This is very convenient since I tend to wrap a lot at the dining room table. I inventoried my supplies...now I just need to buy the gifts!

As most of you know, I'm not terribly crafty, but my son is, so I will try to look through my kid-friendly supplies for holiday crafts before the end of the week.

great work everyone!

nursemomtothree

Retire Member
Aug 18, 2008
Tennessee
I got my "gift closet" inventoried and organized today. Looks like stocking stuffers are done with the exception of candy and a few things for DS 13. The girls are just easier to buy for.

We have a large family calendar in the laundry room, and I use a calendar app on my iPad, so nothing to print out there.

That's all to report today. Will have to look at wrapping paper this weekend.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
WooHoo! I made a major dent in the craft room. I set the computer speakers up loud and set it to Live 365 Merry Christmas Radio and just jumped right in. I loaded the car with all the seasonal décor and more paperwork that belongs at the restaurant and that alone freed up some serious space and gave me the courage to keep going. I'm no where near finished but at least now it's just a matter of putting everything back into it's home.

I must confess that the minute my son got so sick last week with West Nile, a spider bite and then a biopsy for cancer I'd lost my Christmas spirit totally. I couldn't even fathom a holiday without one of my children or the threat of losing one of them. The biopsy came back NEGATIVE and boy did my spirit come alive with so much thanks for answered prayers. That is my Christmas miracle and the most tremendous blessing to give thanks for this Thanksgiving.

So let's get this show on the road. I've got a lot of catching up to do.

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Ellen-Glad you got so much done. Hope you are babying your knee! This weekend I can get back to the holiday plans. I've been listening to that music at work ALL week, lol.

My craft/decor/etc. closet was cleaned and organized in the summer. I have a list of gift wrap supplies to replenish when I see them in the store. I have a few crafts I plan on doing too.

The calendar is ongoing with DH's gig schedule as they come up. I have a few holiday events that I go to each year so I have them down as well. I have when I have to mail packages, when to bring cookies to work, etc. down too. Helps with the pre-planning, knowing what week you have to be ready.

I've been working on Thanksgiving too. I have my master grocery list, etc. all ready and I will start purchasing non-perishables now. I checked my pantry shelves and have nothing stocked up so I am starting from scratch.

Throw Halloween in there too, I have on my "event" calendar schedule when I decorate, when to send cards to the little kids in the family, candy buying, movies I want to watch, ABC Family has 13 Days of Halloween with shows to watch, menu for Halloween. I like to have chili or something I can have ready so I don't have to be cooking in the kitchen and miss out on the trick or treaters.

Love this time of year!

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I worked on my seasonal calendar last night. I wrote in the dates of some craft shows in our area in November, set a date to take the kids in for the annual photo session and DD has her Christmas work schedule already.

I have reviewed my gift lists and added a few ideas.

I am hoping to get a bit of paperwork from last week done today.

How is everyone doing as we wrap up Week Two?

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I stopped at the photo place to book the appointment for the kids annual photo and they have shut down permanently.

ARGH!!

This was the last year for the kids to have their picture taken as DS graduates this year.

I guess I will have to find some place else.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Well, I'm a bit disappointed as I'm not finished completely with the sewing area of my craft room and I still have a bit of paperwork to finish from the previous week. I'm not going to let myself get discouraged because I do have weeks like this week that is fairly easy and can be done in a day..........leaving me the rest of the week to keep plugging away on the paperwork and sewing center. All this darn work keeps getting in the way of my HHP. LOL

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
Hang in there, Ellen.

You can do it!!