Welcome 2011

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome new members and old friends to 2011....it used to be a habit for new members to start a thread in the welcome forum and introduce yourselves. I encourage you to do so if you haven't already! It gives our members a chance to get to know you and welcome you to Magical Holiday Home!

We have had a lot of new member requests lately and it makes me smile to add new friends, however I am also concerned about the number of people who have joined for the sole purpose of spamming or promoting their own sites and business. As we grow as a popular site, this will only increase. PLEASE do not post links or messages that could be considered spam or advertising or your posts will be removed and your membership deleted. Our community is for people with a love of holidays and we must work to keep it user friendly!

2011....I am not sure where it will lead us but 2010 was fun and productive. With our new Declutter Club and Recipe of the Month Club I think we will continue to mocve forward...while enjoying the friendships here at MHH

:welcome3:

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
Ginger, we all appreciate the hard work you and Jeff do to keep MHH up and running! Thank you. I would hate to see anything ruin it. I am always glad to welcome new friends. MHH really is a MAGICAL place to be!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Ginger! I was wondering this morning... if someone doesn't post here for quite some time.. does their membership end up disappearing? I was thinking of our friend Starflake and how she told us she was leaving to learn Japanese a little over a year ago.

Just wondering...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thanks Ginger, it is always nice to say Hi to new people.
I too often wonder about members who are not active. I am sure that there are people who sign up and then never use the site. Do you delete the members that have not visited after a certain time?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Generally we do not delete people who have not posted. We have many members who join and only read and never posts. We have many people that never join but just come here to read and are viewed as "guests" by the sytem.

Membership does not generally have an "expire" date unless we have some problem with the boards.

However spammers and people just here are often deleted or "suspended" for a period of time if there's a problem.

Pumpkinpie

Retire Member
Jan 13, 2010
FL
I'm glad you don't delete inactive people too quickly or at all. I'm one of them that doesn't post on a regular basis. I have been lately. I am very familiar with All of the MHH Family members names and follow them closely, but it does take time to get to the place where people recognize you.

I agree about the Spam and advertising. This is not the place for that.

Thank you Ginger and Jeff for keeping MHH a fun place to visit, as well as informal.

:rudolph: