Welcome to 2022!!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Christmas and New Years are behind us and for me it was one of the nicest that I can remember. It had a lot to do with setting goals and working consistently through the year, writing my plans here and ticking them off when they are done. Some of the plans that I had for Chridstmas changed at the last minute and I was OK with that. It did not mean that Christmas was bad, it was just different. It was not a perfect year and there were weeks when it all went to custard but I just picked myself up and got on with it. I know that my weeks are largely the same but routine works for me, I crave it and need it and in the world that we live in a the moment it is a comfort. I used these weekly posts as a sort of journal so I am fine if they are the same week by week.

Here's to 2022, I hope that it is a great one!!!

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.
Read and sleep at reasonable time.

Weekly:
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)(X)
*meal plan dinners plus work lunches ( )
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry (X)
*tidy freezer (X)
*tidy stockpile (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) ( ) grocery shopping (fortnightly) ( )
*make work lunches for Friday ( ) no work this week.

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project ( )
*start/continue/finish one book/magazine (X) Goal for the year is to read 10, I have read 1.
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*start looking for stocking fillers and gifts (X) A year round project and I have made a start. I have a lot to buy this year so will need to be savvy.

Extras:

*Exercise at least 3 days (X) ( ) ( )
*Talk to DS and DH about thoughts of Christmas past (X)
*Look for ideas for upcoming birthdays (X)
*Lunch with DD and DSIL Monday (X)
*Connect with family via phone, email or text (X)
*Work extra Wednesday (X)
*Bank appointment with Mum Thursday (X)
*Planning day with Mum Thursday (X) (take Santa sacks to fix) Look at baking and freezer sessions for 2022

5 small chores:

1)Vacuum car (X)
2)Prepare work bag (X)
3)Tidy candle cupboard (X)
4)Prepare bulk carrots for freezer (X)
5)Set up pocket planner for handbag (X)
6)Set up planner, think about stocking and gift ideas (X)

Word of the Year:
Prepare

Last edited:

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Katrina, I really need to get a jump-start of things for stockings. By the time Christmas gets here I am just lost for ideas.
I love that your list includes connect with family. My goals for 2022 include having Family Dinner Day on a regular basis again.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Well, hello 2022! What exciting adventure awaits us this year? Here we go...

I'm changing my format this year and prioritizing my needs. I saw something remarkable when dealing with the stress of my nephew's death and preparing for Christmas. I stopped at times and did some creative things and exercised when I felt I should be doing something else for someone else. After giving an hour to myself, I felt soooo much better physically and mentally. I felt like I could be the listener that people needed during this time of grieving. I didn't feel resentful about Christmas.

I want to take care of at least one thing on my Priority list each morning before getting on with the day.

Priority
  • Daily
    • Word of Year: Release
    • Stretches/Cardio
    • Journal
    • The Artist’s Way - Week 1
  • Weekly
    • Write one mini bio
    • Answer one autobiographical question
Secondary
  • Clean Bathrooms
  • Pay bills: Water
  • Correspondence: Family History group;
  • Appts:
  • Menu Planning
  • FlyLady: Living Room, Entrance, Dining Room and Front Porch:
    • Dust.
    • Vacuum.
    • Dust Blinds.
    • Sweep the front porch.
    • Clean front door.
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.
    • Dust Chandelier.
    • Wipe down dining room chairs
    • Declutter

Last edited:

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
This thread was certainly needed today, and it served as a reminder that I need to update my Clean House planner. I use a room-by-room calendar system that I initially developed to meet my needs as a working mom, and have followed for years. It works for me and I can easily stay on track. Additionally, now as a retiree and single-person household, if something slips by a day, it's easy to get back on the plan. I follow it from Jan. thru August, and then switch to the Holiday Grand Plan to prepare for Christmas. Time to tack my calendar update onto today's to-do list!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lori and Laura,
Welcome. I am so interested to see how you plan your weeks out.

One of my most important chores is my 5 a week. These are 5 very quick chores that I do a week that just seem to help keep the house ticking over. These are on top of my normal chores. Little things like cleaning the dish washer, wiping window sills, sweeping the front porch, tidying the vanity drawers.

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
So, here's how I expect my week will play out -- [strike thru has been completed]
Sunday: Menu planning, groceries as needed [not needed, this week], change sheets in Master, laundry (my usual Sunday routine) + on 1st Sunday, change furnace filter (1st Sunday quarterly) and give pup his monthly meds.
Monday: Dining/Living Room -- change tablecloth, as needed; dust floors (damp mop if needed); dust ceiling cornice and baseboards; dust end tables, coffee table, china cabinet, and sideboard; clean glass inserts in sideboard and china cabinet; wipe down dining chandelier globes.
Tuesday: Family Room / Kitchenette -- dust ceiling and baseboards; dust furniture; vacuum area rug; dust floor; clean inside of patio door and windows [focus of the entire day was getting the Christmas tree, wreaths, and other decor down and stowed; floors and carpet will be tackled on Weds.]
Weds.: Powder Room -- sink, toilet, mirror; baseboards and ceiling; damp mop floor; clean light fixture; fresh towels
Thursday: Stairs / Foyer -- This should include the following, though I will be traveling thru mid-week next week, so will fit this in when I can, or it will come up again later in the month. -- vacuum stairs; wash foyer rug; wipe down ledge handrails; wash foyer tile; organize coat closet and foyer bench baskets; dust foyer light fixture
Friday: Master Bedroom -- as above, will fit in what I can -- dust ceiling and baseboards; dust ceiling fan; dust furniture; vacuum carpet; wash windows inside (as needed); closet organization
Saturday: I don't put anything on the calendar, as I use Saturday for misc. chores and family time (family is not local, so requires an hour travel time each way).

This will be followed next week by Bathrooms Upstairs (2, Master Bath & Guest Bath -- I'm a single person household, so they both can be tackled together with ease), Guest Bedroom, Laundry Area, Office, Deck & Front Porch (little to do in the winter months, so I use the day to catch up on other areas), and then Garage / Auto, and Kitchen, before cycling back to Dining/Living Room, etc. So, virtually every room in the house is touched twice a month.

Last edited:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
So, here's how I expect my week will play out -- [strike thru has been completed]
Sunday: Menu planning, groceries as needed [not needed, this week], change sheets in Master, laundry (my usual Sunday routine) + on 1st Sunday, change furnace filter (1st Sunday quarterly) and give pup his monthly meds.
Monday: Dining/Living Room -- change tablecloth, as needed; dust floors (damp mop if needed); dust ceiling cornice and baseboards; dust end tables, coffee table, china cabinet, and sideboard; clean glass inserts in sideboard and china cabinet; wipe down dining chandelier globes.
Tuesday: Family Room / Kitchenette -- dust ceiling and baseboards; dust furniture; vacuum area rug; dust floor; clean inside of patio door and windows
Weds.: Powder Room -- sink, toilet, mirror; baseboards and ceiling; damp mop floor; clean light fixture; fresh towels
Thursday: Stairs / Foyer -- This should include the following, though I will be traveling thru mid-week next week, so will fit this in when I can, or it will come up again later in the month. -- vacuum stairs; wash foyer rug; wipe down ledge handrails; wash foyer tile; organize coat closet and foyer bench baskets; dust foyer light fixture
Friday: Master Bedroom -- as above, will fit in what I can -- dust ceiling and baseboards; dust ceiling fan; dust furniture; vacuum carpet; wash windows inside (as needed); closet organization
Saturday: I don't put anything on the calendar, as I use Saturday for misc. chores and family time (family is not local, so requires an hour travel time each way).
Lori, love this. It is how I was thinking to incorporate Flylady into my schedule. Each day an area instead of each week in one area.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
January is my odd things to clean month. I just dusted, cleaned and bees waxed the fireplace mantle after sweeping down all the bricks. Next I’ll clean each item Input back. I’ll be working my way around the house cleaning and bees waxing furniture, baseboards and anything I find that doesn’t run fast away from me.

Reactions: luludou and jampss

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Lori, love this. It is how I was thinking to incorporate Flylady into my schedule. Each day an area instead of each week in one area.
For me, this works. I'm a single-person household, so I'm basically picking up after myself. Not sure how my way of operating would work with someone with a larger family. My goal when I started this plan (with DH and DD at home) was to have things at least surface clean, in case someone dropped in, and then do a deeper clean in the fall, in preparation for holidays where we'd be hosting. Now, I try to keep things in order, so I can work on that deep cleaning more frequently. This week, a lot of time will be devoted to getting Christmas put away, so not much deep cleaning will get done this cycle.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lori, My plan is similar to yours.
I do a very deep clean twice a year. March, April and May is the lead up to Winter so I do a deep clean then. September, October and Nvember I do the HGP. That keeps the house in good order. Just after Christmas I tackle some hot spots, bedroom, kitchen, bathrooms and loungeroom and get those back in order. The rest of the time is just maintenance. Means that things never get so out of hand that it is a chore to get it back.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina, I really need to get a jump-start of things for stockings. By the time Christmas gets here I am just lost for ideas.
Let us know if we can help with ideas.