Welcome to Our New Forum

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Welcome to the Book Nook. I am thinking this might be a good place for sharing ideas for books to read or children's books with a holiday theme or twist....or seasonal is fine too!!

I would also like to get some book groups going....so we pick a title and everyone reads a certain amount say 1-4 chapters and then post each week thoughts, feelings, comments about the book. Anyone can start a Book Group thread....I think the easiest way would be to post the title and then a date for the book group to start....it will give everyone a chance to get to the library or whereever and get a copy!!!

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
This is a FANTASTIC idea!! I am so excited as I love holiday books, but do not really know of any but kids books...I hope everyone else is excited!!! :package:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
This is right up my alley. One of my FAVORITE things to do, has always been to go to the book store in November, grab something at Starbucks and wonder around looking at all the new Christmas hardback books. I love it, love it, love it. Then my habit starting growing a bit bigger and now I'm collecting them. I go online during off season and get some great near new books for great prices. It pays to wait 1 year and then you can still get them new at a super discount. Right now I'm reading one of my Debbie Macomber holiday books. I think Christmas Letters..or something like that.

Who are your favorite Christmas authors?

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I must admit I don't read books very often but am addicted to magazines. I do love books about Christmas ( and any other Holiday), Entertaining, Home Management and crafts, so I'll be watching this space avidly.

I'm always interested in children's books anything to make the Holidays more special for my children.

There was a thread some time ago about having a basket of Christmas books and choosing different ones to read each evening in December, I can't really remember the details, but I loved the ideas and have started collecting a few. So I'll be looking to add to those.

:flower:

Pamelajane

Retire Member
Apr 19, 2008
Hertfordshire.UK.
I have a basket of Christmas Books for the children that comes out with the Decorations.

The children love it because they remember the books but they seem new as they have been put away for the year. I then try and add to it each year. The basket sits by the fireplace and we all dip in, when other childen come over they love it.

I'm not so good at finding Christmas Novels for myself though but as part of my Rudy Day i have started to search online and make a list.

Pamelajane.

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I am also a magazine junky!!!!! I love them, especially holiday ones!

I love to go to the used book store for holiday books. I bought all of Martha Stewart's holiday books there last year for only 3 or 4 bucks apiece!!!

Pamelajane said:
I have a basket of Christmas Books for the children that comes out with the Decorations.

The children love it because they remember the books but they seem new as they have been put away for the year. I then try and add to it each year. The basket sits by the fireplace and we all dip in, when other childen come over they love it.

I'm not so good at finding Christmas Novels for myself though but as part of my Rudy Day i have started to search online and make a list.

Pamelajane.

http://storynory.com/category/christmas-stories/

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
I enjoy reading in general, but I also always enjoy a good holiday read. Count me in! :flower:

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Great idea!

I am a BIG reader, but I don't often read holiday themed books.

But thanks to tips on this website, and before this website on the OC, I have been introduced to some great holiday books!

So I am looking forward to hearing about all the books everyone has enjoyed reading!!!

::eek:rnament:

RadioJonD [url="http://storynory.com/category/christmas-stories/ said:
http://storynory.com/category/christmas-stories/[/url]

That is a great childrens book link!! Thanks RadioJonD for sharing that with us...hope to see you in chat again soon at MMC seems it has been awhile since I saw you there!!!