Welcome to the Merry Christmas Radio Forum

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I decided to start a forum for news and information about upcoming events on Merry Christmas Radio. There's lots of good programming and some fun stuff going on already and it will get even better as the season approaches....so stay tuned for more info about Merry Christmas Radio!!

JayIsh

MHH Member
Jun 20, 2008
Hi Ginger! And thanks for mentioning us! We have two addtional members of the broadcasting team! RadioJonD, doing his Mistletoe Mix and Kevin Dunn, aka thedementedelf doing a humorous and warm show with Christmas favorites and a few twists, and I'm playing all kinds of things, next up Rock & Roll Christmas to be posted late tonight!!!

Again, thanks for your interest and we look forward to seeing you at http://www.MerryChristmasRadio.com. If you have any suggestions, don't hesitate to email me @ Jay@MerryChristmasRadio.com

JayIsh

After almost getting banned for my first post here, I'm happy to say that I got off with only a warning but, boy!, was my forum face red! (Don't look for the post, it's gone!)

Jay has been kind enough to air a few family Christmas comps while I get my gear together to do a regular show for Merry Christmas Radio. Mistletoe Mix looks for the odd and the obscure in seasonal offerings. We always reserve the right to regift by putting fresh wrapping on familiar tunes as well.

If you're looking for a particular Christmas tune that hasn't penetrated the Yule airwaves in an extra special long time, drop me a note here or hit Jay's mailbox listed above.

Seasonedly Yours,

Jonathan
aka RadioJonD

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
The Mistletoe Mix is now playing on Merry Christmas Radio...check it out!!

thedementedelf

MHH Member
Jun 20, 2008
Ginger:

Thanks for the support of Merry Christmas Radio. We sure do appreciate it. Thanks too for the support for the new guy. I'm having fun and I hope those of you that listen have some too. I try and picture each show as time spent with friends and hope when you listen you feel the same way.

Thanks again!

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
This is great! Thank you for adding this forum.

I am one of those Christmas nuts who enjoys listening to Christmas music year round. People may roll their eyes, but it brings joy to me and brightens my day!

Thank you for sharing with us this additional resource.
:party:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
And now there is a Rock and Roll Christmas segment on...really good listening!! You can check it out...just join Live 365 (it's free) and you can have a listen to this great Christmas Radio station!!!!

I

imported_Jeff Westover

Thanks, Gingerbug, for giving MCR a plug. Merry Christmas Radio will celebrate it's 2nd birthday this November and like last year we plan for it to be the #1 Christmas radio station online. Kudos to Jay, RJD and thedementedelf for their combined efforts. They are taking it to a level I could only have dreamed of when we launched it a while back.

With folks here supporting it and providing feedback, it'll only get that much stronger.

Jeff

mummytummy

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Perth WA
:party: LOVE IT :party: my family think i'm mad, but hey I Don"t Care :rotflol:

I'm thinking about a few themes for upcoming ~Mistletoe Mix~ shows. Help me think of a list of songs featuring:

1)- Alternate modes of Transportation for Santa. We all know about the reindeer and sleigh. What are some of the others? I"ll start, "Santa's Coming in a Whirlybird" by Gene Autry.

2)- Dancing. The obvious is "Rocking Around The Christmas Tree." What are some others? Off the top of my head, Santa has done the twist and the mambo.

30- Naughty List. Lorne Greene will definitely make an appearence (a ~MM~ tradition) and some folks who have spent time in jail over Christmas will drop by! I may even break down and play "I'm gettin' Nuthin' For Christmas!" Or, Heaven forbid!, "Santa Baby." Please find me enough where I won't have to! (And remember boys and girls, a preposition is a terrible thing to end a sentence...with.)

If I can't find enough theme tunes to fill an entire two hour show, I'll feature a theme set in each show.

It's not too late for a suggestion for a Christmas/Halloween tune. There's a thread here for that. While I probably won't be playing any outright Halloween tunes, I'll be featuring a few sinister Christmas ones.