What about grown up favors?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Now, at a kids party, favors are easy....bubbles, inexpensive toys, candies, etc etc....what about grown ups?
Do you have parties where you give out favors to the guests--just because?

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
This is a fun topic...can't wait to see what everyone comes up with!

wadeallie

Premiere Member
Nov 26, 2007
Central Vermont
At a party we once attended, the hostess made those charms for your wine glasses and each one represented the interest of the guest. Mine was sewing themed and dh received a fishing themed charm.

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
christmascreations gave me a great recipe for caramel sauce made from condensed milk that you don't even take out of the can! I think she got it from OC?(right?)
I wrapped Christmas scrapbook paper around it and tied it with twine and a pinecone /with a printed on the computer gift tag. They were a hit last Christmas! Thanks CC!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I've given personalized votive holders with a scented candle, a mini tea kit at a tea party(tea bags and decorated sugar cubes in a tulle bag), and bookmarks at a book club gathering. I've also made snowmen in a jar for Christmas.

Lisa

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I've given hot cocoa mix in a jar with those little bottles of Bailey's or Kahlua.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
My favorite favor I've ever made is small bags of coffee beans, mini bottles of flavored syrups and a chocolate dipped spoon in a Christmas cup, all wrapped in cellophane and tied up with a wired bow. Very pretty and festive.

This summer, I'm going to make herb bouquets from my herb garden. I'll pick bunches of herbs and tie them with kitchen sting, then slip them into paper cones made from scrapbook paper, tied up with satin ribbons.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Cathymac's herb post reminded me that once I made gardeners' soap in mini clay pots using lemon grass and oatmeal in the soap mix. I tied it with raffia and added a pair of gardening gloves.

Lisa

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
Candy in cellophane bags, beads, chocolate is always good, candy bars with homemade wrappers, chocolate chip cookies in cd wrappers, decks of cards.... those are things I have used for house parties!