What do you do with your Christmas photo cards?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

zchristy

Santa's Elves
This year we got many precious photo cards from friends/friends. They are Christmas-themed and seems inappropriate to have them out, but it also seems a pity to throw them away, as they are the most recent photos we have of some folks and others we don't see all year.

Any suggestions what to do with them? Do you keep or toss yours?

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I have a memo board (the kind with the ribbon running diagonally across it) in the kitchen that I keep all our pictures on. I swap them out after Christmas each year. I cut off the written part of photocards. I like having all the pictures up all year, even if the photo is Christmas-y. It makes a great conversation starter with guests and, more importantly, my kids see pictures of cousins, aunts, and uncles that are far away so when they do visit, they remember who everyone is. :grouphug:

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I have wondered the same thing myself. I put mine in a basket and stored them to look at again next year. I'll pull them out and thumb through the basket to see how much the people in photos have changed over the year.

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I just enjoy them for the holiday season and then throw them away. We don't have a lot of spaces to display such things without looking very cluttered.

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I leave them on the fridge until the end of January. Then I put them in the front of my new year's photo album (I have one for each year). What I would LIKE to do, is scan the pictures, shrink them, then cut them out and stick them in the ornament frames that I bought 2 years ago for this purpose. I want to have a Christmas tree that is decorated in relatives and friends. So maybe, this will be the year that I follow through..

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wouldn't it be fun to have a tree that is decorated JUST with these photo cards from years past? Even if you just punch a hole in them and string a bit of ribbon through, then hang them on the branches of a tree, the effect would be charming! I'd make sure each photo was dated first. Not sure if I get enough to do this with a big tree, but a small table top tree in the entryway would work.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I cut off the message part and add them to our photo album for the year. It's nice to look back and see how the kids have changed and grown...and how the families have grown too!

:heartsNY:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Dejavu I love your idea. I take lots of pictures of family and friends every year and would like a nicer way of showing them other than in a photo album. I think I may try that this year (hope you don't mind). I have lots of clear glass ornaments that I found in $tree during the holidays.

Gidget

Premiere Member
Nov 24, 2007
Boston
Greetngs,

I have a dedicated Christmas albumn that I only put photo cards into. Sometimes, if they are ackwardly shaped I cut-out the pictures, write names and date on the back then place in the album. I put the album in a large basket in which I keep Christmas books. During the Christmas season I place the basket in the front parlour by the hearth.

Gidget - :lucky:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I keep the ones sent to us in the tote with all our pictures but they do all add up!!! That is a neat ideal to down size them for the tree. Or like somebody else said frame them and give them back. I have seen this past year where they had pictures framed with painted puzzle pieces glued together. It was a whole tree of regular size photos of family and friends. I am thinking of doing some next year for my family of my dad and grandparents. They all died in '05 within 14 weeks. (May, June and August. A TERRIBLE summer)

Jinglewhale

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
chick3 I love these ideas! We get new ones each year of my cousins kids and it would be great to make the ornies for the tree! Thanks for the great ideas!
Kat bunny4

creativemom

Retire Member
Jan 9, 2008
I display mine for quite a while and then put them in a Christmas Card scrapbook! I have one that is filled with photo cards, homemade cards, and Christmas letters. I don't save the ones where people just sign their names, but anything with that extra touch!!!