What do you like about YOU?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We always name things that we do to celebrate ourselves but we never really take the time to think about and acknowledge what we really like about ourselves. So, list the things you like about yourself. This can be body parts, personality characteristics, etc. :flower:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I go out of my way to do stuff for family and co-workers and friends. At work I am very easy to get along with.
I love to cook for co-workers and family. In fact I have 2 Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes in the oven. (1 for home and 1 for work tom.)

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Lana said:
I go out of my way to do stuff for family and co-workers and friends. At work I am very easy to get along with.
I love to cook for co-workers and family. In fact I have 2 Strawberry Ooey Gooey Butter Cakes in the oven. (1 for home and 1 for work tom.)

Strawberry cake OMGoodness yummy. You can come live by me :-D

As for me I like my sense of humour.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Great topic. I think it's an opportunity for reflection, to get in touch with your authentic self -- the true self that really matters.

I love the company I keep in solitude. Not just the doing, but the being, existing. And I especially love the heart and lifelong learner in me. :flower:

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I can work or talk with anyone.

I can be alone and not be lonely.

I can adapt to changes.

I have a strong belief in God.

I work well under pressure and stress.

I am honest. Can be a problem sometimes. My friends all know they can ask me something
but I might not say want they'd like to hear but it will be true.

I really love the people on this site!!!!

What do I like about me.......hmmm

I like that I am almost always there to help others
I like that I was strong enough to walk away
I like that no matter what happens I am still ME
I like the fact that I stick with what I believe even if against the belief of others

And most of all I like that I am the mom my kids can admire

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
-I like my ability to say no! previously I tried to please everyone all of the time and ended up feeling used and miserable! So I made a mental decision to only do the things that I want to and my life is much better for it!
- I like my sense of humour and the ability to see both sides of the story.
- I like the fact that I am happy and usually have a smile on my face.
- I love that I am easily the most organised person I know (that was until I became involved with this site!!)
- I like my hair, nails, teeth and skin! (Vain, I know but I am over weight so I have to look for the positives!)
- I like that I try to live my life by the motto 'it's nice to be nice', and try to see the good in everyone.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I do agree with Jingle-Jo. Being able to say "no" is the best!!! It does take a little getting use to but is well worth the effort. Thanks for the reminder Jingle-Jo!

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I've been thinking about this question for a few hours and I'm having a hard time coming up with things. I guess I never really think about it.

It would be:

I am steadfast in my beliefs.
I am moral.
I do the right thing, although it may not be easy.
I love fiercely.

I think it's easier to think of things that I don't like about myself. :slap:

Lisa

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I like that

I care deeply
I have a good sense of humor
I am a good friend
I am postive (most of the time)

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Wow, this is tough. I like about me:

That I care about others
That I am a faithful wife
That I am a Christian who trys to walk the walk in daily life
That I could care less about keeping up with the "Jones's"
I'm a loving Mom that my children feel free to discuss "life" with
That I am a good, loving granny and great-granny
That I'm a good cook
That I believe in the importance of family
That I'm thrifty when it matters
That I stay within the budget
That I love unconditionally

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Wow....great topic.
Not an easy one, though.

I like about me:
The fact that I am able to easily forgive. The way I see it is that Christ died so my sins could be forgiven, so who am I to not be able to forgive someone?
I love unconditionally and very deeply.
I consider myself a good listener. I may not have all the answers for you, but if you just need to vent, someone to talk to, I'll be there to listen......
My family is of the utmost importance to me, and I will be there however I can for any member of the family.
Although I do get the blues every now and again, for the most part, I have a pretty positive attitude. Some days, it's not easy, and I am very much a work in progress......but I'm still trying as much as I can to keep the positive attitude.
:-D

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
This is a hard question and i'm the one who started it. LOL Let's see....

* I stand up for what I believe in no matter what anyone else thinks.
* I am an active listener through and through.
* I look people straight in the eyes (most times).
* I am kind to nature.
* I like that i'm a helper and a fixer. If someone comes to me with a problem I always want to help them or try to fix what's wrong. I'm a nurterer.
* I'm brutally honest, although it's gotten me in trouble once in a while.
* I love my eyes.

That's all I can think of for now and I was really grasping for those.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
JackFrosty: I think that says it all. What a remarkable woman you are!!!

It amazed me how hard it was for me to post in this topic but it seems many people had the same problem. Imagine that!!! But I am glad to see that many of you dug deep inside and put a real effort into finding your likes about yourself!!!

hollybow

Retire Member
May 19, 2008
I love my sense of humor...I love irony and sarcastics.. but only with people I know they understand..
I care.. for family and friends.. in every way.. listening on the telephone for hours as well helping with the removal...
little things can make me happy for the whole day.. like fresh coffee in the morning in the garden while birds are singing
with my looks... I love my natural curled hair and my blue eyes which turn grass-green when I cry..or when I´m angry