What do you really want for Mother's Day?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
If you could create the perfect Mother's Day for yourself this year--- what would it include?

jingle-jo

Retire Member
Feb 13, 2008
Staffordshire, UK
We have already celebrated Mothers day in the UK. My children brought me breakfast in bed and then the whole family went on a day out. That was perfect, although sometimes a day all to myself would be just heaven too!

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
To spend the day in a park hiking, picniking and having fun with the family then come home to a clean house and then my DH is great at cooking for me- BUT it would be wonderful to have the dishes cleaned after dinner:) all this with no meltdowns- AHHHHHH

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
I forgot to add- as I mentioned in our Memorial Day Plans- I would love to wake up Mothers Day and have the bathroom done (A "weekend" project that started Labor Day)

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Well here's what we're ACTUALLY doing and it's just perfect! ... we're going to my mom's house for brunch on Sunday the whole family will be there.

Dreamer

Retire Member
Oct 29, 2007
Lawton, Oklahoma
We are doing nothing! The boys (DH and DS) have already bought my mothers day gift and given them to me I got 2 new books and other than that I plan on crocheting and relaxing with my books :flower:

santashelper

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
NS,CAN.
I am not sure if it is "perfect", but I ask for the same thing every year.
To have the weekend basically to myself.

I work really hard the Friday before (today) and get the house all clean and the laundry all done.

Dh is to keep the house tidy (he doesn't keep it up to my standard, but I'll take what I can get), provide the meals and take care of the kids.

I still usually help around the house as I see things that need doing (laundry, take the garbage out, unload the dishwasher, but no major cleaning) and the kids are always free to hang out with me.

It gives me a good chance to relax for a big chunk of time and in the end that makes me a better mom.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I would like to have a day to spend with dh and the kids, hiking, riding bikes and picnicking. I'd love to come home to a clean house and not have to cook dinner. Since we're wishing I'd also love the opportunity to shop alone for new summer clothes with a few hundred dollars.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
Well, I think this is an interesting topic, because I have no idea what I'd choose for a "perfect" Mother's Day. We just got back from a river float trip with the youth group (we're leaders) and we are slightly sunburned, totally tired, bruised and aching! So, I guess a Sunday afternoon on the couch with Aleve and heating pads would be great for tomorrow, especially if the Atlanta Braves were playing on tv!

On other days when I'm not in pain, a trip to Memphis with brunch at the Peabody Hotel would be just wonderful.

I bought my own Mother's Day gift this year-a piece of jewelry from the line that I sell. It's a gift and a tax deduction, all in one!!

Noelsmommy

Santa's Elves
I totally want to sleep in!!! I had to work all day at the school fair today...9-4! I am exausted and I am so lucky to look forward to sleeping in!! The kids are excited to make me breakfast in bed but i begged hubby to make it not too early!

Last year I celebrated the best mothers day ever! We were in Disney World and I had breakfast in the castle with all the princesses fawning all over my little Avarella (daughter Ava dressed up as Cinderella!) It was an awesome day!

Happy mothers day everyone!!!!

Kelly :grouphug: