What does your HGP list of weeks look like?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I've done some thinking and planning on how I'm going to follow the HGP this year.

I've substituted some rooms in my home for areas on the plan that I don't have or don't want to focus on.

My list is below with my notes! What is yours like?

Or do you just have a general idea of how you are going to tweak the plan for your needs this year?

Week of August 31st - Front Porch Week (This will also be my week to decorate for Fall!)

Week of Sept 7th - Living Room Week

Week of Sept 14th - Entry/Foyer Week (We don't have one so I am substituting our Downstairs Hallway/Laundry Area/Stairway)

Week of Sept 21st - Master Bedroom Week

Week of Sept 28th - Master Bathroom Week (Our upstairs bathroom)

Week of Oct 5th - Kids Room Week (No kids so I am substituting our new glassed in porch for this week)

(AND I will decorate for Halloween this week too!) :ghost:

Week of Oct 12th - Spare Room Week

Week of Oct 19th - Kitchen Week

Week of Oct 26th - Kitchen/Pantry Week
(I'll use this week to finish up Kitchen tasks and work on the pantry for canned goods down in the basement)

Week of Nov 2nd - Family Room Week (We don't have a room seperate from our Living Room so I will use this week for my Craft Room)

(Halloween decor will come down, and Thanksgiving items will get put out this week as well...)

Week of Nov 9th - Garage/Storage Week (This is DH's domain and I refuse to become involved! :thud: So I will be doing the Downstairs Bathroom this week!)

Week of Nov 16th - Attic Week (Other than finally replacing a lightbulb that's been burned out since 2000, I won't be doing much in the attic other than pulling down the first Christmas decorations. So I'll use this week to clean the upstairs hallway the attic door drops down into.)

Week of Nov 23rd - Dining Room Week

Week of Nov 30th - Holiday Decor Week (I'll be doing most of my decorating over Thanksgiving wknd, but this week should see me finish it up!)

Week of Dec 7th - Finish Up Week (No doubt I will need this week to finish up misc. tasks that slipped through the cracks due to time & to LIFE...)

Week of Dec 14th - Maintenance Week (Okay everyone, don't move, don't breathe, don't even think about smudging the walls or leaving crumbs on the counter - everything is perfect and we are MAINTAINING this week....ahem...yeah right! My house will not be perfect - but I'm hoping it will be pretty decent by that point!

In any case, this week will be so consumed with holiday events/family birthdays for me that I won't have alot of time to spend on the house - the perfect time to just be maintaining!)

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Auntjamelle - that is brilliant! I had never thought of comparing the HGP list of weeks with the calendar list of weeks for life activities. This would let us see how things going on in real life coordinate with different rooms on the HGP. For example, really busy weeks should probably get the easier rooms! This could make life go more smoothly!!! :applause:

Basket

Retire Member
Dec 25, 2007
Northern Germany
Like your list too :)

I always take the entry week to change the clothes in my closet in the hall - the summer caps, flip flops... with winter clothes like gloves, scarves...

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Here's what mines look like:

Week of August 31st - Front Porch Week (I live in an apartment so I will work on the balcony this week)

Week of Sept 7th - Living Room Week

Week of Sept 14th - Entry/Foyer Week (Fall Decorations go up)

Week of Sept 21st - Master Bedroom Week

Week of Sept 28th - Master Bathroom Week (One and only bathroom)

Week of Oct 5th - Kids Room Week (No kids - Will use this week to shampoo carpets)

Week of Oct 12th - Spare Room Week

Week of Oct 19th - Kitchen Week

Week of Oct 26th - Kitchen/Pantry Week (This is a free week for me. Not sure what to do.)

Week of Nov 2nd - Family Room Week (Another free week. Will put up Thanksgiving decorations)

Week of Nov 9th - Garage/Storage Week (Free Week)

Week of Nov 16th - Attic Week (Free week.)

Week of Nov 23rd - Dining Room Week (I start putting up my Christmas decorations Friday after Turkey Day and throughout the weekend.)

Week of Nov 30th - Holiday Decor Week (Decorations will be done. Just need to set all the lights on timers.)

Week of Dec 7th - Finish Up Week (Will put up decorations in the office.)

Week of Dec 14th - Maintenance Week

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Here is what mine looks like

Sept 1- List and stuff; Front porch-- Needs hosing off!!

September 8- More lists and stuff; Living Rm-- (nothing to do!!)

September 15- Entry (clean out coat closet)

September 22- Master Bedroom (nothing to do!!)

September 29- Master Bath (nothing!!)

October 6-Kiddo's Room (declutter the entire room-Ack!). Decorate for Fall

October 13- Guest Room/Office-- Lots to do to get ready for Christmas company.... Ohey Vey!

October 20- Kitchen-- quick clean, hit a few hot spots

October 27- Pantry/Closet-- Quick clean (take me a day or so)

November 3- Famiy Room (don't have one so--Relaxing!!)

November 10- Storage (nothing-- Relaxing). Decorate for Thanksgiving

November 17- Dining Room-- Polish hardwood floors

November 24- Attic/Storage-- Nothing but enjoy Thanksgiving, set out Christmas stuff

December 1- Decorate for Christmas!!

December 8- Enjoy the holiday season

December 15- Keep enjoying!!

December 22-- My parents arrive and Christmas will be here!!! :rudolph:

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
I decided to change the week for doing the dining room to October 5th. I want to have all the main rooms completed so that my fall decorations can go up. I'm still going to shampoo the carpets this week too.

Pam Spaur

Premiere Member
Jul 17, 2008
Muncie, IN
aggy said:
I decided to change the week for doing the dining room to October 5th. I want to have all the main rooms completed so that my fall decorations can go up. I'm still going to shampoo the carpets this week too.

aggy, when you get finished cleaning your carpets, would you please come do mine? :haha:

:bigsnow: