What Toys R Us Won’t Tell You About Their Hot Toy List for Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
Toys R Us released this week — as they do every third week in September — their list of the hottest toys for Christmas 2012. But there is something they don’t want you to know: there is nothing outside of their invoices to tell them just what those hot items for Christmas will be. The [...]

More...

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I always felt retailers decided what was big. Rarely did my kids want the hot toys. Unless it was a video console

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Thankfully my kids have never wanted anything that was on the hottest toy list.

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
My daughter is still too young to know she wants anything more than an Elmo.....I just get her Christmas presents at the clearance sales before the new stuff even comes out. I refuse to pay $80 for this year's newest toy, when it will probably be on for $30 in a couple of months.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I guess that is one thing about kids who never really watched "tv" - no commercials to know what the "should" want. I think the only thing they would of ever wanted that may of been on the lists when they were young was lego related.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Awesome article! :) Mine is too young yet, but I fully expect the "I want that." comments to start over various commercials.

We do limit TV watching and he is a big reader already - but I guess when it comes to kids presents for now my approach is the same as with anyone - look at their personality and buy something that reflects it, speaks to, whatever you want to call it. :)