What's the weather like on your 4th??

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Im at Lincoln city, on the Oregon Coast and its RAINING!!! Its beach rain, so it pretty much soaks you instantly!! Its icky! It was really nice yesterday. I hope it clears up later in the day, its supposed to, but the Oregon Coast is so unpredictable!!
:sad:
So whats the weather like for you today?

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!!!

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
It rained earlier, it's cloudy at the moment. Chance of rain later again. We're just going with the flow.

Happy 4th to all

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
Weather's great right now; lots of fun in the sun. However, tonight's fireworks display might be postponed a few days; seems a major storm's coming through. I love rain, so I don't mind.

"There is no such thing as bad weather, only different kinds of good weather.” ~John Ruskin

:flower:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Sunny and pleasant so far but you never know if rain will move in later or not...with the way things have been around here lately.

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
Sunny and cool. Can't remember a 4th of July like this ever.

In fact, last night while we were out with the neighbors we were sitting in jackets because it was so cool.

I of course loved it!! Everyone else was complaining because it wasn't warm enough. haha

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Sunny with beautiful white clouds here and there. People out tubing on the Apple River, boating on the St Croix and walking around downtown Stillwater. We went to the Chinese buffet for dinner. It was surprising how many people were there. Should be a good night for fireworks.

Please talk to your kids (and the adults if needed) about fireworks safety NOW.

I wish everyone a wonderful safe weekend.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
It's a gray 4th here. The clouds are heavy and dark. It's rained a bit. The temp is 72 degrees. It's just enough coverage to stop us from eating outside today.

mommytotwo

Retire Member
Oct 12, 2007
We were having a nice, and sunny day, then just this afternoon it turned gloomy. I hope that doesn't mean that it will rain :(.

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Well it stopped raining a few hours ago. Now its just WINDY and FREEZING!!!! The kids and I were outside for about 10 mins and even THEY wanted to come in!! You know its cold when kids want to come in lol

I think its more Adults that need to learn about firework safety around here. So many stupid adults doing stupid things with fireworks...it scary!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
:help: HOT...HOT...HOT :help:

itsanewme

MHH Member
Nov 18, 2007
watching Off Kilter
Yesterday was a washout. Stayed home, watched 2 lifetime movies. In the afternoon I did get in a walk. Yuck too much rain - seems its been every day now.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I can not believe it BUT I had to cover up with a blanket...it was sort of sunny but the air was downright cold....I have NEVER been cold on the 4th of July in Missouri...crazy weather!!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
Sunny, hot and humid. Rain in the forecast with thunderstorms until Monday. My poor garden needs it so badly!!!

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I know I said it was HOT HOT HOT..but the evening turned out to be perfect once the sun went down..LOL Couldn't of been more perfect for a 4th of July night. No wind, no rain, just calm air and a safe environment for the fireworks display. Makes the job much safer for the professionals.

purplecrush

Premiere Member
Around 8pm it actually started to get warmer. The wind had died down , so the fireworks were wonderful..around the last 10 mins it started "misting" but wasent bad.

Im so glad the rain didnt stop the fireworks!!!!!

Hope everyone had a fun and safe fourth!!