What's your take on re-gifting?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
I have to admit I never regifted before but as I see all my Christmas decorations and "things", I have a lot that I just don't use, for some reason. I have a few things that are brand new, for example: I was given a frosted Pfaltzgraff candle holder, it's really pretty almost a foot tall, but I just never took it out of the box. Also a few years ago I ordered 2 Debbie Mumm Christmas plates, decorative with a stand, that were never used. I'm thinking that I could pull these items out and put them in my gift closet. I'm sure I have other things too in there. LOL actually I just thought of a few more! No idea who would get them, and I'm thinking if I don't give them as gifts I could bring them to the GoodWill thrift store next fall, someone would love to have them or give them to someone.

This wouldn't be terrible, would it?

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I say go for it!!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I think those will make excellent gifts. I believe in re-gifting!

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
If you already have something you know someone on your gift list would love, then I don't see a problem with regifting. It's the thought and not the actual funds spent or date of purchase that matters. I think the only thing one has to keep in mind in regifting is if the gift was given to you by someone, you may not want that person to see you regifting it.

Sounds like a couple of great items for the gift closet! :grin:

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
I do regift...but cautiously....want to make sure it is something the other person would actually like...

But you are right I have a ton of new stuff...thats never getting used....so keeping with my SIMPLIFY THEME for 2008....I will be doing something with it...not sure what yet.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Thanks everyone! Most of what I have I have bought myself, so I don't have to worry about giving it to the "wrong" person. And if I'm not sure, it will go to GoodWill or to a group that is looking for donated items to sell for fundraising (great idea!)

Gingerbug: I'm so with you on your "Simplify Theme for 2008". Less is definitely more and I want to get rid of the "stuff" that is weighing us down. I've already talked to my dd16 about it, and if we don't "love" it, or are not going to use it in any way, shape or form....it's going! It's just too much.....too much stuff....it's got to go!

Thanks again!