When is too late, too late?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Well, I have to confess, I never got my cards in the mail. They are addressed but hadn't made the time to write "the letter", so...
When is too late too late? Should I try to get them out before January 1??? And if not, I am actually thinking about sending them out July 25!
Any ideas or suggestions??? :help:

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
July 25th - I love it!! What a surprise that would be for the people who receive your cards!!

:snowman: Melanie

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
It's never too late. I like the idea of sending them in July. Start a new tradition!

If it's too much to write the "letter" just forget it and mail the cards. Or keep them for next year and you'll be ahead of the rush.

Christmas cards are not a must. Do what you feel is best for you.

CanadianJingles

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I've received New Years cards and thought they were great. I think if your cards are very Christmasy (ie. Santa or Christmas trees on the front), it's best to get them out by New Years. If you are sending later, I think a more wintery card works better -- ie snowflakes. :smile:

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I had a friend who never did Christmas cards, too much going on. She always sent out Valentine cards to everyone!
:smile:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I like the valentine card idea!
I have a friend who never sends her Christmas cards before Christmas - she always said she didn't want to send Advent cards, but Christmas cards, so they got sent out the day after Christmas when it is the actual Christmas season.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Advent cards ... hmmmm ... I never really thought about it that way. Interesting! :grin:

dejavu

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
Chicago suburbs, Illinois
I got a card in the mail today. Mail them whenever you want and don't feel bad about it. Everyone understands and it's the thought that counts, not the day it's received. :grin:

LadyEvenstar

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southeastern PA
I just got a card in the mail today from and old friend and I was so happy to receive it! I know how busy things are around the holidays and I was glad she didn't just decide to forget about the card because I missed hearing from her this year and wondered if everything was OK.

It made us both resolve to be in better touch with people in 2008! ;-)

coffeenut

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 10, 2007
Spartan Country-mi
I chick1 I was listening to the radio this morning and one of the dj's said she was sending out her Christmas cards today. Her co host said you mean for next year and she said no. She said for this past year. She had a picture taken of her twins and wanted to send them out. I guess it is never to late. I was laughing as I heard her say that. Her next problem was to find the stamps so she could mail them LOL
Had to share that with all of you :bigsnow:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
If you haven't filled them out yet, you could always send out Easter Cards. I saw ones on Amazon this morning that I'm considering.

If you want to send out Christmas cards I don't think its too late. I'd just write something on them like
"Better late than never, right?" Or, I'd write a silly little poem like this:

Merry Belated Christmas

My Christmas cards are late this year,
I wish I could say why,
But frankly they escaped my mind,
As the holidays passed by.

But rest assured we took the time
During all our Christmas Cheer,
To think of you, and wish for you,
A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

lol, sorry, maybe I could do better after my morning coffee. smilebunny

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Gee, I thought that was pretty good! ::eek:rnament:

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I thought that was great too!

:shmaorckstring:

FrostyShimmer

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thanks!

chick3

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I really like that poem! My cousin use to always send her Christmas cards out in Feb.. She was always late. But the last few years she hasn't sent any--said she can't even get them out by Feb..

Jinglewhale

MHH Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
This is interesting! We just got two cards this week! So, I guess it is not too late in February!
I would think by March would be too late for me!
Kat :shmaorckstring:

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
It is so wonderful -- and so unusual -- to get a piece of personal mail -- that I would like to get one anytime. I would appreciate having some personal news on it -- and catching up on what Christmas 2007 was like for them would be great!! :package: