When will you start your winter/christmas decorating???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
I’m just curious to see when everyone plans on starting decorating for winter/Christmas.

Everyone thinks I always start too early but I can’t help it. I really love my decorations and want to enjoy them as long as I can :eek:) It goes by way to fast I think.

I’m especially excited for Christmas this year. We bought a house a couple months ago and had to completely gut it... Which was okay by me because that way I get to have everything the way I want it (I know that sounds kinda bratty).. LOL So I’m very excited to spend Christmas in our new home. I will probably start getting my winter decor (greenery and lights, bells that sort of stuff) out early November. And then I will probably have my trees up before Thanksgiving... :haha:

When do you plan on starting your holiday decorating?

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
I start decorating on the first weekend of December. The main tree doesn't go up until the 3rd weekend because dh wants a real tree and is in charge of getting it. He'd wait until the 24th, if I let him. :haha:

Lisa

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I start with the house after Thanksgiving and save the first weekend in December for the tree as well. Last year I managed to work on my lights in November and have them ready to go on time. (minus the part I needed DH to help with).

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I get my stuff out the day after Thanksgiving and we sort out what we want to use. Sunday is decorating day (hubby stays away due the mess I create). I get my tree up and then spend the next few days getting out the rest of the decorations around the house (table decor, mantel decor, my son's mini tree.

A week or so late hubby and I decide what to do outside (lights, no lights). The years with the most snow, we do more decorations outside not sure why but it is weird. :haha:

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
I start on Thanksgiving Day. :bigsnow:

snowangel00

Santa's Elves
Oct 9, 2007
Winter Wonderland
After everyone has gone home after a long day of wonderful Thanksgiving festivities I begin the Christmas decorating process.
Most years I will get up early to do some shopping (just b/c I enjoy it) the day after Thanksgiving and then I spend the rest of the weekend Decking My Halls!

:skate:

thood

MHH Member
Oct 18, 2007
I start the first of November with small things and start putting up the main tree on Thanksgiving. It usually takes me until the end of that weekend to get it completely up and the mess cleaned up and boxes put back in the attic.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I try to start outside before the weather gets brutal...normally the 1st week in November. I don't do anything inside until the day after Thanksgiving. My living room tree is the first thing to go up. :pink:

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Normally the Wed. nite before Thanksgiving I try to decorate the tree and by the end of the wk-end I like everything up. Now last year I had it up about November 15th because my nephew was coming home from Texas with his girlfriend and her daughter and he wanted her to see his aunts and uncles. We decorate ALOT in and out.

starflake

Retire Member
Jan 10, 2008
The weekend after Thanksgiving is our traditional decorating weekend. Last year, I considered waiting until December 1st for a change, but I was climbing the walls with impatience as soon as Thanksgiving was over. :haha: Seems the weekend is the perfect fit. :package:

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I put up our outside lights First Advent (before the winter storms - hopefully). Our tree goes up third/fourth Advent (depending upon when it falls), wreaths on our doors and flowers/ greens.

I enjoy Advent, the simple remembrance is focus in our family celebration. The decorations will stay up till Twelfth Night.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
This year I will start late November as would like to have all my decorations finished by 1st December. In past years I have started on the 1st December and usually have them finished in 2-3 days. Would also like to do more outside this year.

:grin:

thechristmasnut

Retire Member
Jun 30, 2008
Columbus, Ohio
Thanks everyone for sharing.... :grin:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
I usually don't start with winter/Christmas decor until after Thanksgiving. I'd probably atart sooner, but I love my fall decorations too! Our tree usually goes up the second Sunday after Thanksgiving.

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I love my holidays, but I like them one at a time! I always do a lot of fall decorating-one perk of having a brother who raises hay and pumpkins, perfect for fall decor! I just have to buy mums!

We also host DH's family Thanksgiving on the Saturday after Thanksgiving, so I usually reserve the holiday weekend for fall...then on the Monday after Tgiving, it's Katie Bar the Door, all out Christmas!

MamaCat

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Texas
I always start the day after Thanksgiving. I have a nice long weekend to get it done that way. Sometimes I put out everything but the tree & wait on that until the first weekend of December. Some of that depends on my dh's work schedule, too. But anyway, I do get started on "Black Friday"!