When will you start your winter/christmas decorating???

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
Although I'd say that outdoor decorations are a relatively new thing for Ireland,certainly it's only been the last few years that they've really taken off in N Ireland. I remember outdoor decorations were more for business premises and were extremely expensive. Now the local Pound Shop sells outdoor lights. I still love driving past houses at night and seeing them lit up inside and out. In fact, I went past a house yesterday that still had it's decorations on it's roof from last year! :haha:

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Some outdoor decorations go out the first couple of weeks of November like the lights on the bushes and on house, my candy cane arch. If its anylater than that I am out in snow getting it done. Everything else starts getting done the day after thanksgiving.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Here people try to get their lights out early too -- like a week or two before Thanksgiving when the temps are fair. We don't get mounds of snow but the air gets quite chilly. It's hard trying to put up lights in the cold.

alisonmcg

Retire Member
May 2, 2008
I remember putting our lights outside last year. DH was up a ladder and I was holding it,keeping it steady. I thought I was going to die of cold,my fingers had turned blue and I kept dropping the light hooks. I think it took twice as long as it should have :haha: And that was without snow! So I can totally understand why people need to put them out early. Although we did get snow just after Christmas last year and the lights looked gorgeous glowing against the white background. We last had snow on Christmas Day about three years ago and it was just perfect! :bigsnow:

Cinnamonstix

Retire Member
Sep 4, 2008
NB, Canada
I'm not sure if I should decorate early or not. Lat year by the time Christmas came you couldn't find a decoration at all outside. Everything was buried in snow. It snows more and more each year.

So I'm wondering if I should decorate earlier so we can enjoy it or not bother with some of it and concentrate more on lights??? Mind you after Christmas you couldn't even see the lights with the snow either :slap:

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
Because we are traveling for Thanksgiving this year and no one will be at my home I'll probably start the weekend before Thanksgiving and finish up the weekend after Thanksgiving when we return.

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
I usually start the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it will probably be a few days later since my birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year, and we are moving into a new house next month. :rudolph:

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
MissBrittany said:
I usually start the weekend after Thanksgiving, but it will probably be a few days later since my birthday falls on Thanksgiving this year, and we are moving into a new house next month. :rudolph:

Lots of excitement coming up for you Brittany. What a feast you get on your birthday, but make sure you get a birthday cake along with all the Thanksgiving goodies :) :ghost:

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
cheryl- i'm hoping to get both birthday cake and pumpkin pie! and on top of that and buying a house, DH's birthday is 12-18, then Christmas, then our anniversary on NYE!

iluv2scrap

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Michigan
www.facebook.com
MissBrittany said:
cheryl- i'm hoping to get both birthday cake and pumpkin pie! and on top of that and buying a house, DH's birthday is 12-18, then Christmas, then our anniversary on NYE!

Wow! Lots of similarities to me. My birthday is on December 17th, my dads birthday was December 24, my ex, we were married 17 and a half years, our anniversary was New Years Eve as well, lol. Lots of happy times for you at the end of the year. :ghost:

BamaMom

Retire Member
Sep 13, 2008
Anniston, AL
www.slumberpartiesbytif.com
Last year we started in the beginning of December, this year, I am going to work on it after Thanksgiving. That weekend, since DH has a long weekend, I am going to make him help me! Lol, He enjoys doing the outside though! :santalol:

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Tomorrow ?????

Just kidding :rotflol: Although I sure would like to.

cipalla

Retire Member
Oct 22, 2007
PA
I love Halloween, but I am so ready to decorate for Christmas........I need that warm, fuzzy feeling Christmas gives you!
Come on November 1st!