Where to order stockings - in pairs? (Idea brewing....)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Does anyone know of a website where I can order beautiful stockings, with names on them -- in pairs? I need 2 for each family member after DH's BRILLIANT idea last year. Our DD, Sherlock, completely caught me under the tree last year at 3am, and I was only saved by the fact that she was half-asleep and I was able to shoo her back to bed by telling her that Santa wasn't there yet but I had stuff to lay out ("Now 'git!") I got caught because it was taking Santa too long to stuff those stockings. We lay our stockings out all season long, so while as much as possible is done in advance, there is no getting around Christmas Eve. Til now. DH suggested we get DUPLICATE stockings so Santa can stuff them in advance and they just placed under tree in a flash. !!! Who knew he could be so sneaky?!! I LOVE that idea, but it would require an all new buy of stockings. I'm not loving ours anyway (well, the are nice, but not like the fabulous one my Gramma made me when I was small) -- so there is room for improvement. Anyone know of some good online sources?

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
ll bean does some really nice needlepoint stocking with personalization. As does Lillian Vernon.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
What a great idea for people who have many stockings. I'm sure at most places all you need to do is buy two of them. Just make sure they have two in stock.

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Checked LL Bean but they don't have them up yet and I wanted them set and done by October or else it is likely to not happen. Was sure one of our Christmas pros would know a good place. I do love LL Bean - especially in the Fall. *happy sigh*

Laney

Retire Member
Jan 5, 2008
St. Louis, MO
That is a great idea! Love it!

We use stockings that my Meme crocheted for everyone in the family. My DD was the last to receive a stocking before she passed away. She had just finished the stocking about 1 week before she died. It is one of my most cherished Christmas things! Times like this make me miss her even more - I know she would have crocheted a second set of them if I had asked her to!

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
Thought I'd bump this up in case anyone has come across stockings on a website that they just love. Pottery Barn would have been awesome but the kids weren't excited about the designs this year. They like more kid style and more bling, less sophisticated. Darn child-like kids! :) BTW, the deadline for free embroidery on Pottery Barn stockings is coming up quick.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I just got a catalog called personalcreations.com. It is loaded with stockings and items you can get personalized. Hope this helps.