Which Week Are We On Now?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
What are we doing this week?

This LOOKS like a good week - for me to get A LOT done.

Or not.

But I am hopeful.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I'm on hold. Have to take dd back to Mayo Clinic for more testing this week.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
I am sorry that you do, Ahorsesoul. That is the thing --- life keeps on being life. We cannot make rigid plans. We have to find some sort of balance- juggling everything.

SpanishRanch

MHH Member
Sep 3, 2008
SF Bay Area, California
SparkleNana, I believe this is the start of Week 6, Wardrobe week. For me, it's going to be "catch up" for weeks 4 and 5. Other things have been taking priority right now, so HHP progress has been slower than I'd like.

Ahorsesoul, hope you receive the best possible results from the Mayo Clinic.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This is how tired I am. DD is in her 7:30 a.m. test right now. I just glanced at the schedule when I got it and thought it said she had another appointment tomorrow at 7:30 a.m. too.

It isn't until tuesday, Nov 11th! So I will sleep in my own bed tonight instead of staying in Rochester. Of course they did add on an appointment for today at 4:30 p.m. So once her test is done in an hour (9:00 a.m.) we sit and wait until this afternoon.

They are really good, if they can work us in earlier they will.

Snowbelle27

Santa's Elves
Oct 13, 2007
West Midlands, UK.
I agree SpanishRanch I think it is wardrobe week. I covered this on master bedroom week and kids rooms week so I too will be catching up.

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Hey ladies and any gentlemen who might be reading along. Never know! Anyway, I'm pretty good on wardrobe week, just need to do the planning. I'm not sure I will be able to do a whole lot this week other than that. Ds had his dr's appointment in KC today, our water is still out because of a broken line somewhere under the house, the dryer isn't working right either. Dh turns the water on in the evening, we do dishes, a load or two of laundry and so I am so far behind. Dh had to chainsaw out our back porch and it is propped up against the huge tree next to the house, rachet strapped on. It is so redneck! It makes me chuckle when I see it. There are trenches near the house, and still we can't find the darned leak. So we are just going to spend the $ and have a friend come in and with his trencher and we will just run a new line, completely bypass the leak. What a mess. The house is dirty because of the little bits of dried mud that have been getting drug in. Now it is rainy out and I can't hang up laundry, so using the dryer which is acting like it is on it's last leg! AH!
Then we came home from the dr's and Ds threw up on the carpet in his room, so I had to boil bottled water and clean it with my little hand held. When our electricity was out in December last year it wasn't nearly this bad. I didn't do laundry last Monday before I left for the hospital for 4 days, and then Thursday we discovered that there was a leak under the house, so now laundry is so piled up and can't get any of it done. I would probably be more frustrated, if there was anything I could really do about it. Thank God I will survive this! I hope. Murphy is so coming to stay in my spare bedroom, right along with Sallie Mae!!!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ciderjo - plumbing problems are the worst! It is extremely depressing when something goes wrong with the plumbing! You have my sincere sympathy!

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
ciderjo,
Make sure to snap a photo of that porch! My wishes for a fast fix for that plumbing problem.

When neighbors had to lay new plumbing line they put down an extra line that they capped. Then if the line breaks they will just have to connect the other line instead of digging up the whole yard.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ahorsesoul - what a brilliant idea - to lay a second line! Thank you so much for sharing that!!! All our wondeful ideas do add up! We are so great together! :grouphug:

ciderjo

Retire Member
Sep 1, 2008
Oh that is a good idea about the second line. I will tell dh about it. Really, I'm not taking it too hard, I come from a family that can see the hilarity in just about everything. For instance, they discovered ds had relapsed with his Leukemia when his eye started bothering him. Turns out it was a tumor on the optic nerve, he is now blind in that eye. I did feel pretty low about it but they found it early. The other day he wanted a Jone's Root Beer, they have little sayings or just info under the bottle cap. His said, "You just saved a child's eyesight. Thank You." I read it to him, kind of laughed and said, "Too bad it wasn't your own!" I keep sane by finding the funnies, the goofy and then laughing about it. In my opinion that is the only way to keep sane. :turkey: I just like the turkey, so I'll use it there because sometimes I feel like one!

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
Ciderjo -- You are so right! Seeing the humor in the absurd things that happen in life is GREAT!

I don't want to be presumptious, but I would like to share something with you - from an older mother to a younger mother.

While my children were growing up, they each had problems which I couldn't solve. I suffered years of guilt and tremendous pain over these problems. Now that my children are all adults -- I see that the pain which each child suffered, made that child into an adult with incredible gifts. It is as if they "paid it ahead" with their suffering - and became adults of surpassing depth, creativity and wisdom. I now see that they would not be the incredible adults which they are - if they had not developed great depth through their own suffering.

I am not saying that children should suffer. I DO NOT think that children should suffer. I would always prevent it, whenever I could. But, I have not been able to control everything that happens. And now I see, that sometimes the worst thing that happens to you tuns out to be the best thing that happens to you.

There are miracles in life. And, to me, they are not miracles about winning the lottery or having material things. For me, miracles are always about love and understanding. Try to be gentle, and quiet, and let the miracles reveal themselves to you.