Wrapping Gift Card Ideas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer

Colleen in PA

Retire Member
Aug 20, 2008
Diedra - great ideas! I once got a GC from my Aunt hidden in a Cathie Lee Gifford CD - I almost didn't open it!

My mom has taken the tissues out of a square tissue box and taped $1 bills together end to end, rolled them up and had the recipient pull them out from the top. That was cute - and much appreciated by my cash-strapped college-aged brother.

Another Aunt (who never had kids of her own) always gave us gift certificates (homemade) to take us shopping to buy a gift for birthdays/Christmas. Usually we had lunch or ice cream at the mall once the purchase was made...she says it was her sneaky way of getting one-on-one time with her nieces and nephews! Now she does this with my kids and they love their outings to Target!

grandma bucket

Retire Member
Oct 5, 2009
Good ideas. I usually wrap a box of candy and tape the card to it. Not all that creative but they have something to unwrap.
Last year I found these cute little faux leather treasure chests and filled them with chocolate coins, a couple pieces of real jewelery, beads, bubble gum machine rings, cash, gift cards, and I don't know what else. My adult daughters just loved them.

I try to do at least one unique way of wrapping a gift. This year I was thinking of

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

MerryMandy

Retire Member
Sep 17, 2012
I like to make custom Christmas Cards on Shutterfly.com for the family and I always put the older kids and teens' gift cards in them. I have a standard one I make for the adults that's just a family picture and a little letter, but I usually make individualized ones for the kids with whatever they're into these days.

halimer

Premiere Member
Aug 30, 2008
Long Island, NY
These are great ideas...

Last year I put gift cards in soap I made from an inexpensive soap kit and included hand knit washcloths. I've also put them inside gloves.

My DS once put one in a mirror compact for me and I almost didn't open it:)