Wrapping Gifts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Syanda

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
Ontario, Canada
I haven't started yet, but I LOVE wrapping gifts! I'm going to hole myself up in our office, turn on the Christmas tunes and try to keep the cat and DD out of the ribbons!

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
luludou said:
Nope, I like to start wrapping only when the decorations are up. Then I wrap in the living room in front of the Christmas tree and it's magical with all the Christmas decorations around me! and I also start wrapping only once I have all (or most of) the gifts!

Me too! I love wrapping when the house is all decorated and we're a little closer to Christmas!

I didn't have to buy wrapping paper this year, still have 4 rolls unopened that I will use.

holidaymama

Retire Member
Oct 15, 2007
I like to have the decor up as well! I will usually do it one Sunday afternoon when my boys are taking a nap and yes the dog too! She would love to be all over the stuff!

EllaBlue

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vancouver, B.C. (Canada)
Last year I decided to move away from wrapping paper and create something re-useable. I've been sewing gift bags, which I am also going to give out to my siblings at the beginning of November so they can use them as well for their gifts.

I picked up Christmas fabric in January and February for great prices, and I've also bought metres of fabric from Salvation Army as well in the spring. I guess people were doing spring cleaning and decided to get rid of their last few metres of Christmas fabric which I have now turned into Christmas gift bags (and Christmas aprons for my little nieces).

I will still be having a Christmas wrapping party though, I have tons of wrapping paper & ribbons and I would love for my friends to be able to get some use out of it. Besides, I love having everyone come over.

SparkleNana

Jan 3, 2008
EllaBlue --- I REALLY want to have a wrapping party this year, too! I have never been to one..... and never give one.... but they sound so cozy and nice and fun! And --- LotS fewer calories than a "cookie exchange". (Although I would go to one of those in a minute if I were invited to one!!!)

Cathymac

Super Moderator
Oct 10, 2007
Arkansas-Go Razorbacks! Whoo Pig Sooie!
I like to wrap, but I don't have any place to put wrapped gifts until the tree is up and I can put them under there. I usually just wrap a few each day until it's all done, but I'm thinking this year I might make a day of it...some Christmas movies on the dvd player, good coffee for sipping, yummy smelling candles burning,the house all decked out and lit up, kids at school, DH at work...and preferably rain falling in sheets! LOL! That sounds pretty good to me...

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I too love wrapping. I always take a week off work at the beginning of December and I finalize my shopping and wrap. The tree is normally up by then and the DD16 and DS21 are at school and work and it gives me plenty of time to wrap. We still hide a few things for santa to bring but quite a few things go straight under the tree because I have not got the room to store them.

Ohhh I am so excited. Isn't this a wonderful time of the year???

MissBrittany

Santa's Elves
Aug 25, 2008
Florida
Mine are all wrapped and labelled, but I am hoping the ladies' group at church will have a wrapping party this year. I have suggested it, so we will see!